Help Identifying a Train

21 Replies, 27775 Views

Thanks for all the hard work Geris. Could this be a Tomica Event release maybe?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Is that not a UK only variant? I seem to remember something similar as a UK release version.

Toys_Trains_Things
(09-05-2014, 01:43 PM)Toys_Trains-Things Wrote: Is that not a UK only variant? I seem to remember something similar as a UK release version.

[Image: says-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif] Hello Toys_Trains-Things, nice to see you again.

It may very well be. Wonder why there is no information to be found anywhere. Will try to search using a UK release, thanks.

I did win the auction for the above pictured train for $5. Will have to make a festive middle car like a defaced & painted green and red troublesome truck with presents inside for under the xmas tree. Anyone have any other ideas for a middle car?
After many many hours of research all I could find out is that it is a Japanese release as part of the Motor Tomica/Plarail series. I have found pictures of most of the series except the one in question, the problem I am having is that the sets were named things that actually have nothing to do with the train included, so unless I know the exact name of the set to translate to Japanese It is difficult to locate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Well, if Geris can't find it then it must be impossible to find more information as he just doesn't give up until he succeeds. I am hoping that when I receive the train there will be some additional info somewhere on it.

Thanks Geris, I am glad I am not a criminal and you are the detective chasing me as I would not stand a chance. Or I owed money and you were a debt collector...or are you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(09-05-2014, 08:55 PM)Super Wrote: Well, if Geris can't find it then it must be impossible to find more information as he just doesn't give up until he succeeds. I am hoping that when I receive the train there will be some additional info somewhere on it.

Thanks Geris, I am glad I am not a criminal and you are the detective chasing me as I would not stand a chance. Or I owed money and you were a debt collector...or are you?

I am not done investigating this! but the train is supposed to be a 2 car set so it is correct in the auction you won (no middle car), here are pictures of the other sets in the series i have one of them.

Attached Files
.jpg   motor set 4.jpg (Size: 9.4 KB / Downloads: 44)
.jpg   motor set.jpg (Size: 17.35 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg   motor set2.jpg (Size: 13.07 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg   motor set 5.jpg (Size: 12.92 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg   motor doraemon.jpg (Size: 5.23 KB / Downloads: 43)
Thanks for all the hard work Geris. You are still the "Tomy/Plarail man"
This just appeared on the Yahoo Japan Auctions and as Gerisplarail1 has said it looks to be in the series of sets that he pictured above. The listing describes it as the "B/O Tomica New Town Station Set" and says it is rare.

[Image: 5339_zpse50930df.jpg]

[Image: nbdl2x9826_zps7ebcc7e8.jpg]
  • Gerisplarail1
you going to buy it? Big Grin
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Nope Big Grin

I was only interested in the train itself and I have one now. The rest of the set wouldn't be used. So jump on it Big Grin
  • Gerisplarail1