Thomas & Friends Trains & Cranes Super Tower, motorized train and track set

2 Replies, 2256 Views

I am not sure I have seen this before

[Image: 81x-Kq-TMJ3h-L-AC-SL1500.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I watched a few videos about this miracle, THIS ONE is, say, good: I am totally not impressed. Yes, it can be connected to the rest of the layout via rails at the back of the shed, but ... it's all kind of pointless. And it looks like a big garage. Like many of Mattel’s Trackmaster sets that resemble Hot Wheels racetracks. Which is no wonder, when you think about it...  Big Grin

It's flashy, but It has nothing to do with the railroad, it’s focused solely on the child’s fascination with the size of the toy (“Mom, buy me that!!”), and it also requires Cranky’s manual movement (every time!), which could be interesting only to smaller kids. The set is very “interactive”: you can’t just let the trains go up and down, you have to participate in person, like it or not.My granny had an appropriate term for buying such items: "Lured-into-Buy-Purchase"!  Dodgy

Just look at recent Fisher-Price Motorized sets: every other is about delivering some cargo, going here and there, up and down doing that (this one is an extreme) or a racing set. In fact, the newest is "Fisher-Price Thomas & Percy Cargo Race Train Set"! Really? There are countless other possibilities for sets on the theme Thomas & Friends, but no... Recycling the idea over and over again. In new AEG Series, three out of four announced sets are about delivering goods or racing too. What a lack of imagination.  Confused
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
So this is not new then.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No