Plarail Thomas with Magnetic Couplers

4 Replies, 2342 Views

I found this listing containing several locomotives and rolling stock from plarail all with magnetic couplers, my question is, are these real products, or are they customs? I was very intrigued when I found this listing and wonder if any of you know about it?
[Image: i-img1200x764-1643513170ybdmtw22.jpg]

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super
I think they are real I saw them before most likely legit but I don't know looks real to me
I liked tomy ever since I found out about it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Therealblack64YT's post:
  • Super
There's another thread here on BPT that touched on these, meanwhile....

[Image: image.png] [Image: image.png] [Image: image.png]

They are genuine Plarail accessories, 連結部品 (マグネットタイプ) = Connecting Parts (Magnetic Type)

These are not rare on Japanese auction sites (which is where the picture at the top of this thread is from).
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Therealblack64YT
They are genuine
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
The design of the backing card (in the third image I posted above) matches the one used on the 3-car train boxes that were released between 1994 and 2003, the ones known as 7th generation boxes. 

However, they must have first appeared considerably earlier than this, because one half of the set (the one with a hole in it that attaches to the chassis by slipping over a moulded stub, or occasionally using a screw) was used on the Tomy Train range which launched in 1987.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, TheDiamondDalek