Kato N Scale Uni-Tram Layout

3 Replies, 3055 Views

Just seen this great video showing off the Kato 'UniTram' N scale system, another awesome layout...

Kato Unitram
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Mister No, PerkyHydrAan, Super
Wow...that City Layout sure has a lot of skyscrapers.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan
And a lot of details. I wonder if you can disguise the KATO controler as a building, so when you do a shot near it, it would look natural?
mostly Plarail items
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2022, 09:31 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes PerkyHydrAan's post:
  • Super
It is very impressive for sure, I wonder if it as lighting so that you can light up all the skyscrapers and trams etc... when its dark or dusk?

As for the controller, I'm sure you could add a small shelf below the edge of the main board so it would be out of sight.

I'm also surprised the guy hasn't added some of the Tomix motorised bus system to the layout so he has got buses running around the city also.  After all they are N scale also and depending on how you set them up they will not only follow a specified route (without any slots that is) but can be made to observe junctions, pull up at bus stops etc...  I will likely do this for any city part I make for my layout when its up and running as I do have a couple of the bus starter sets and additional buses that I bought a few years back Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super