Trackmaster rolling vehicles

9 Replies, 2999 Views

So? In the Trackmaster line?
There have been several "rolling" vehicles.
The word "rolling" means non-battery operated.
There is Kelly, Nelson, Byron, Buster, Jack, Max and Monty.
Some talk about how hard it is to find Monty.
I would be hard pressed to disagree.

How hard is it? For anyone here? To find a Trackmaster Max? A Jack?

Oh! I forgot Oliver!
How silly of me!
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2022, 11:42 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes trevor369's post:
  • Super
max and Jack are not hard to fine. Alfie on the other hand is extremly difficult and expensive
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
There's no push along Alfie in this style, only the motorised one. Also, they were initially made by HiT Toys and Jack was added by Fisher Price (either from a new tooling or an unused HiT Toys one).
I think Monty has to be the most difficult non motorized train/vehicle to find. I saw one on Mercari a few years ago, that I don't think was ever actually available (the seller flaked), and then one Monty was part of a larger lot of used trains a seller in the UK was selling. And with that lot, you had to zoom in on one of the photos to even realize it was the #16 and not just a more common #15 max truck. There was a listing on a polish website that purported to have two new in box Montys, but a particularly resourceful BPT member did a wonderful job pretty conclusively determining this was smoke and mirrors, or perhaps less nefariously, the listing was simply an online storefront that went belly up and never removed their site from the interwebs! And finally, another BPT member was able to procure a monty from someone who put a listing on twitter.

So other than two confirmed listings, and two suspect ones, I've never seen another Monty for sale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes confusedanddelayed's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
Ok.
we are all speaking "my language".
All of you are correct.
However!
Let us put it in a mathematical equation? Bare with me, here, please.
In this particular thread. We have discussed:
a motorized Alfie
a rolling Monty, a rolling Jack, and a rolling Max.

Here is the question!
In the past 365 days? How many of each!-this is important!

In the past 365/days how many of each have you seen for sale?
1? 2? 3? Which one?

@ leylandvictory!
I checked that link. I like the car.
But I like that pick-up better!
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 12:15 AM by Super.)
(05-20-2022, 04:51 PM)confusedanddelayed Wrote: And finally, another BPT member was able to procure a monty from someone who put a listing on twitter.

aha that was me lol. I think thats the last time I've seen one up for grabs...anywhere!
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 3 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, MuddyPoppins, Super
Hi Tons...Happy Holidays 😃
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Tons of Trackmasters
thanks super, You too!
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 08:44 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super
(05-20-2022, 04:51 PM)confusedanddelayed Wrote: So other than two confirmed listings, and two suspect ones, I've never seen another Monty for sale.

Well, make that 3. Back in August, a user in a Discord server I'm in showed a listing for a lot of Trackmasters, which just so happened to include a Trackmaster Monty.

[Image: IMG-9352.jpg]

According to them, the seller was an admin on a Facebook group. Apparently, this seller was 1. someone who they had bought from before (assumedly trustworthy) and 2. lived in Hungary. Assuming the information we know about Monty is true (that his release was relegated to Europe), its likely this is the real deal. Apparently this lot was being sold for "$5" (What currency I'm unsure of, however), which does raise some suspicion.

More pictures of the lot for the curious.

[Image: IMG-9351.jpg]

[Image: IMG-9353.jpg]

Now this was months back (I only now remembered after seeing this thread). And I asked the user about what came of it. Apparently the lot had sold before the user got a chance to message the seller about it. So unfortunately that's the last we'll likely hear about this Monty.

[Image: Proof.png]

And with that I shall vanish once again.
[-] The following 5 users Like StuartAndTheAve's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tons of Trackmasters
@StuartAndTheAve,
First of all good to see you and Merry Christmas!
Second of all: Most of the people from the countries that Monty was released in don't have a clue about his rarity, so the low price might not be too shocking.
If this Monty is from Hungary, the currency would be Hungarian Forint (1 dollar ≈ 377 Forint)
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tons of Trackmasters