Promotional Material Discussion

16 Replies, 24360 Views

Discuss the catalogues, brochures, themed books, DVDs, VHSs, and more which feature any of the blue track ranges. What do you own?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Interesting thread. I take it Jdogman has collected some over time. Thanks for reminding me about this as I have one Tomy/Takara/Tomica toy catalog for 2012-2013 which I assume shows only what is available in those years. It came from a Japanese Ebay seller free in a shipment of train stuff. It helped so much because up until that time I didn't know all that was available and it was way before I knew about the Yahoo Japan Auctions or anyone else on the Internet. 36 pages jam packed with all the toys they had for that time period including die cast cars and trains. What I wish there really was is a catalog showing everything they had ever made from the beginning. That way you could search out interesting things that are no longer manufactured but can be found sold used on the various Online auction sites..

[Image: 002_zps567dfbb0.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine
(10-21-2014, 06:56 PM)Super Wrote: I take it Jdogman has collected some over time.

Haha, nope! Tongue I just wanted to see what things others had and ask if they knew anything about them. I seem to recall Sunhuntin has a detailed book which goes up to the 90s which lists the exact release dates of hundred of products, Ucwepn has a Plarail promotional DVD, and the Facebook group generously uploads scans from many Plarail and Tomica catalogues.

Those catalogues are pretty good sources of the history, although I find there seems to be multiple versions of catalogues from the same time period. I've seen some which have smaller contents and omit things such as the Thomas and Chuggington ranges, and there are others released for other parts of Asia which are all roughly translated into English.

I was hoping someone would know anything about this Plarail Thomas magazine from 2014, as it looks so good and these sorts of things are filled with great imagery: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0X-d38CcAEUC6-.jpg

Does anyone also know much or even have one of the Plarail Collection books? They've been made since around 2001 and I believe they show images of the full range for that year with the emphasis on the new products as you can tell by the cover, but I'm really not sure about them. There's also a version for the Tomica range as well. Here's the cover for Plarail Collection 2014: http://www.toysrus.co.jp/i/4/6/0/460345102ALL.jpg

This was actually released last year, so late this year we should be seeing a 2015 edition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Hi I tried to rip the dvd numerous times using different programs but it never worked out we ended up using a capture program and I want to upload the thomas portion to youtube as its very interesting and still current.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(10-22-2014, 12:09 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: Hi I tried to rip the dvd numerous times using different programs but it never worked out we ended up using a capture program and I want to upload the thomas portion to youtube as its very interesting and still current.
Did you try to copy all the files on the DVD to a folder on your computer? Then from there burn a Data DVD using a program like Nero or the like.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
If you're trying to rip a DVD, try a program called "Magic DVD Ripper"; it can rip the disc with great quality.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
I tried about 6 different programs always the same bad result, I want to rip it down to a manageable size while retaining the best quality possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
I would recommend Magic DVD Ripper; I've ripped the "Trouble on the Tracks" Season 18 DVD and "Tale of the Brave" in full 1920 x 1080 pixels with some decent size, but nothing a program compressor can't solve whilst retaining the full HD quality.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
There are DVD that have certain DRM (Digital Rights Management) which in some software prevents the copying and in others just won't work right. If that is what is happening, open up the DVD in My Computer and copy all or just the files you want from there to a Folder you create on your Desktop. Then you may be able to upload the file you want or burn those or all files as data onto a blank disk. At any rate its a different way to try when you have problems.

I will upload some more of the dvd soon eg: advance and some other parts of interest
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, sunhuntin