Have Not Seen This Train Before Shinkansen Toreiyu

11 Replies, 14330 Views

I don't remember ever seeing this train before, could it be a new release? I like the paint scheme which makes it look like a wave or snake. Curious as to what the roof switch on the last car operates...hidden coupling?

Series E3 Shinkansen Toreiyu

[Image: _57_zpsdbc51e11.jpg]

Have to answer my own question here...This IS a new release. So new it hasn't been released yet. Scheduled to be available on Dec 11th 2014

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, ROCKINATOR, sunhuntin
I have had mine pre-ordered for sometime I love how this train looks. remember Super I posted a video of the real life train for you not to long ago.

http://youtu.be/Q6McJntOtqE
Forgive me as my memory isn't what it use to be as I can't recall it. Since you have it on preorder do you know what the lever is for on the roof of the rear car? It doesn't look to have traction tires so I have to guess it isn't for something that moves. Its a beautiful train and would look even better with 2 or 3 middle cars. I wonder why Tomy doesn't release single middle cars for sale at the same time as they release new trains. Think they may be missing on making more as I believe it would make great sales even if they only offered them as a Limited time only. After all they really don't have to do much more as the presses are already made.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
unfortunately I think it is for a magnetic coupler which I do not like.
Bummer! Sad
  • Gerisplarail1
boy, that is gorgeous! Heart
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Super
That is the new livery for the E3. The real train is already in service.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(12-04-2014, 09:26 PM)plarnold Wrote: That is the new livery for the E3. The real train is already in service.

Yes and a beautiful train it is. Thanks Plarnold
Here is Suzukawa's video review of this new Shinkansen Toreiyu Tomy train. I must say I am disappointed and didn't realize that it is just a repainted Shinkansen Series E3 Komachi. I am not a fan of those retractable magnetic couplings either. I do love Suzukawas videos, she even does some in her pajamas LOL.

• Gerisplarail1
@Super,

What's so bad about magnetic couplers?

When they were first made available in Plarail back in 2001-2002, most people were delighted to have couplers to connect Shinkansen together. The only problems I can see for them is when the train passes through certain scenery pieces such as the automatic three-way switch point.

Another problem is that the Shinkansen would be slower. However, I think this reflects the real world because most East Japan two train set configurations are between Mini-Shinkansens anyway and they run at a much slower 130 km/h average speed along the line (Touhoku Shinkansen).

The one thing I am concerned is the new magnetic coupler. I have train sets with the first generation magnetic couplers which were square and the magnets were visible. The new ones are more rectangular and are weaker than the old magnets.

-plarnold