Is Powerful Angry Gordon Really this Rare?

28 Replies, 30526 Views

wow that's awesome you obtained that piece to your collection. it seems the gold Thomas is like the holy grail here-huh? however... did you know that there were "supposedly" 2 other trains released in addition to the gold Thomas? I'm not 100 percent on this, but I've had a lead or 2 on them. A silver percy not sure what he comes with. and a bronze diesel with tanker & troublesome truck? the diesel set looks similar to annie & clarabel in the 60th anniversary edition mentioned here earlier.
[-] The following 2 users Like trevor379's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(01-10-2015, 10:20 AM)trevor379 Wrote: wow that's awesome you obtained that piece to your collection. it seems the gold Thomas is like the holy grail here-huh? however... did you know that there were "supposedly" 2 other trains released in addition to the gold Thomas? I'm not 100 percent on this, but I've had a lead or 2 on them. A silver percy not sure what he comes with. and a bronze diesel with tanker & troublesome truck? the diesel set looks similar to annie & clarabel in the 60th anniversary edition mentioned here earlier.

Yes the "golden grail" Thomas seems to be "the one"...
If a silver Percy and bronze Diesel exist, ( like the wooden set) this is the first I've ever heard of them and I have searched for ALL rare Thomas trains everyday for over five years now..
There have been numerous one-off prototypes and also "personal" trains given to corporate executives only...
One such piece that exists is a Lion of Sodor flatbed car that was never released for sale that sold on eBay a few years ago...grrrr
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Awesome job getting that Gordon I feel its well worth the price, which snowplow set do you mean? Donald and Douglas or the Thomas one?
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(01-10-2015, 10:48 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: Awesome job getting that Gordon I feel its well worth the price, which snowplow set do you mean? Donald and Douglas or the Thomas one?

Donald and Douglas w/ the little plows..
Need 'umSmile

(01-10-2015, 10:50 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 10:48 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: Awesome job getting that Gordon I feel its well worth the price, which snowplow set do you mean? Donald and Douglas or the Thomas one?

Donald and Douglas w/ the little plows..
Need 'umSmile

Thank youSmile your comment makes me feel better about it Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 10:52 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, Ucwepn
I'm pretty sure they exist. I too have been collecting for 5yrs now. I picked up a 60th anniversary edition early in collecting. at the time I had no idea what it was. it was 1 of the first trains I purchased. I thought it just looked cool. When I got it I never opened it because I never saw another 1. It wasn't until last year or so that I found 1 for sale and new what I really had. as far as the gold silver & bronze go...well before I start with the story there are 2 things you need to know about me. 1) I'm german & 2) I'm a chef (retired) that makes me logical & meticulous. these trains could have been released not only to mimic the wooden ones but were promotional trains to celebrate the Olympics that were held in japan in 1998 I believe. production was fast & extremely limited. another story is that they were released when japan hosted the soccer world cup in i think in 2002. Ahhhh so many trains so little time.
[-] The following 3 users Like trevor379's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ROCKINATOR, Super
Wow. I have the silver Percy and bronze diesel(wooden) and I DID have the gold thomas (wooden as well) until some babysitter came when I was 4 1/2 I think and she took it home with her Sad and Trevor, time is our enemy here. We won't be able to find any more tomy/trackmaster trains at a decent price by the time I'm twenty. Which means that a lot of the worlds future children will never experience quality toys Sad
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like ROCKINATOR's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
time is an enemy in this case. my son will be 6 this year & I know he will grow out of Thomas trains and go on to the next thing. I will have to AGAIN do massive research on whatever he falls in love with next. I have a wealth of info to share. In addition I will have to sell this entire collection. I almost listed it on ebay this year to see the interest but I had some personal issues to attend 2. If anyone is looking for something please do not hesitate to ask. I rather someone here get them, take care & appreciate them. in addition I have a wealth of resources so outside of some extremely rare imports I can probably get you any train from the trackmaster line
[-] The following 3 users Like trevor379's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ROCKINATOR, Super
thats the first ive heard of the silver percy and bronze diesel, and ive been collecting since around 09, but then japanese stuff is hard to find info on. i had no clue the snowplow twins, powerful gordon existed until last year.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Yes first I've ever heard of bronze and silver too..