Tomy made this?

12 Replies, 14759 Views

I was on Google looking at some different tracks Tomy offers, old and new, and found this
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 136.35 KB / Downloads: 81) I never even knew this existed! A four way point.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
Yeah, melmeyr or whatever his name is has been resisting it since who knows when. He says it was made around like 1970s or somewhere around there.
More and more...Big Grin
I have only seen the one in your picture a couple of times. The ones I see most often are these that we have.

[Image: 013_zps6e889d35.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine
Sorry the word is relisting it.
More and more...Big Grin
Ever since I came i have learnt so much about Tomy stuff and I think I never would've known about a lot of track pieces and locos existed if it weren't for this forum.
That is one of the definitions of our community here Rockinator. I too feel the same way.
These were not released individually for retail they are from The Plarail Maintenance Set's. Rockinator has pictured the old 4 way track, where as Super has pictured the more common newer 4 way.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, Super, Ucwepn
Hi Gerisplarail1...Happy New Year!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Gerisplrail deserves a medal! Couldn't even find out what they were on all the wikis I checked.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Gerisplarail1 has been given tons of medals for his knowledge here on the Forums. If he wore all of them I think he would fall over.

I bought these giant points separately but they did, originally, come in this set http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-PLAR...46141a0b6c
I bought them because my grandson liked to easily hook them up to the Plarail garage cases http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-PLA-...43b7c297ba
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Ucwepn