Triang/Hornby collection

6 Replies, 8411 Views

Hi guys getting right into vintage triang from the 50s 60s and 70s and thought I would throw some pics up of my growing collection, I can clean them, service them and rebuild them as long as they have the X04 motor Tongue, Yes there is a British Railways theme going haha.

Princess Elizabeth R.50 from 1955ish (early cellulose plastic shell, they warp)

[Image: SAM_1053.jpg]

Jinty 3F tank engine R.52 also 1955ish (early cellulose plastic shell, they warp)

[Image: jinty.jpg]

0-4-0 primary industries R.359 rare as it only came in a set in 1960ish

[Image: 900182.jpg]

0-6-0 R.251 Deely 3F, love this one it looks brand new despite being over 50 years old.

[Image: _57ggg.jpg]

0-6-0ST (saddle tank) R.153 got 2 of these beauties, they are taller than the jinty

[Image: _57fff.jpg]
And today I put new decals on the primary industries 0-4-0 and the pair of saddle tanks. Very happy with how they came out

[Image: SAM_1078aaa.jpg]

[Image: 20150106_150702.jpg]
Love it ucwepn, I'm sure my dad has a triang loco somewhere, it's funny you should post these as yesterday I was fitting some new brushes/pickups to my dads old Triang jaguar scalectrix cars (slot cars). I took my old scalectrix set from my parents house and there in the box were some of my dads old cars (from his old slot car set) I lubed and cleaned them & replaced the brushes and now the motors run great, although the body shells are pretty poor (& missing the drivers) even so it's great to have them running with the smell of the motor and noise of there all metal gear set!
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 06:32 AM by Tramp.)
oh that oily electrical smell mmmmm yes my friend. the x04 motors will outlast us all haha
Nice work Ucewpn!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Ucwepn, you are gathering a nice collection of triang locos. Your shed will be full of so many different train layouts your car will be outside Wink
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 08:44 PM by ROCKINATOR.)
[-] The following 2 users Like ROCKINATOR's post:
  • sunhuntin, Ucwepn
And of course a video...

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]