Wobbly wheeled troublesome trucks

15 Replies, 15083 Views

(04-06-2019, 12:51 AM)marclovestrainz Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 10:17 PM)Nigels Wrote: Sounds like another easy custom piece I could 3D print - off-centered wheels so you can modify the standard trucks lol!

You sir, are a freakin' GENIOUS!

Yes he is. The Amazing 3D Man, a new Super Hero coming to a Movie Theater near you! Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Ok guys, hear me out. Wobbly Wheels on the wobbly milk churn trucks.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2019, 12:40 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like marclovestrainz's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Also Wobbly wheels on the new 2 items Nia pulls in the GO!GO! set from the movie Big World Big adventure
[-] The following 1 user Likes AOF04's post:
  • Super
Well...it's NOT so easy, and easier said than done...I just spent about 2 hrs trying to make a specialized wobbly mod.
I started to make a wobbly coach, but realized that the axel, and length are different, as are the width and height of the wheel wells, after taking apart a spare stock wobbly Troublesome truck, it was obvious that the oversized width of the wobbly tires would not fit.
Then I realized that the chassis to a wobbly Troublsome truck is actually different than a standard Troublesome truck, with oversized wells to accomodate the width of the wheels, so I searched every bit of rolling stock (coaches, tankers, vans, etc.) that we have, only to find NOTHING with the proportions to accept the wheels. After about an hour of dismantling cars, I finally settled on an idea, but it required using the original wobbly chassis and wheels, and the permanent modification of the screw peg's length of the shell to be used, by grinding it down so that the chassis would accept it.
It took a very VERY long time to figure anything out that could work.
WHAT A PAIN!!!
I wonder how much thought these toy engineers spend not only designing the specs on these, but also taking measures so that nothing is compatable?
SO, Nigels the only way I could see this really working is if you made offset wheels from the mold of a standard "thin" wheeled rolling stock type.
Also, selling them pre-assembled would actually be a pain because not all axels types are the same, so loose sets of 4 would be the way to go.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Plenty of investigation there muddy, I was thinking of duplicating standard wheels anyway. So on the real wobblies is it just the axle hole that is offset rather than centered? If so can you let me know how much by?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(04-06-2019, 07:31 PM)AOF04 Wrote: Also Wobbly wheels on the new 2 items Nia pulls in the GO!GO! set from the movie Big World Big adventure

they already have wobbly wheels.