37 Replies, 47137 Views

holding poor Alfie hostage lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(02-09-2015, 09:02 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: holding poor Alfie hostage lol

more ramen noodle diet as well
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Her ramen noodle supply must be on a shortage.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
(02-09-2015, 08:16 PM)ROCKINATOR Wrote: Her ramen noodle supply must be on a shortage.

Heck no she's fine..."WE" the buyers and collectors who spend our last dollars or juggle our expenses, or spend our rent and hunker down and wait for the first to roll back around are the noodle eaters...( cuz sometimes our love and addiction to our collections supercedes basic common sense and logic)..."SHE" is the seller and will be dining on fillets and toasting "Alfie" to a highly raised glass of fine wine as soon as one of us crazies buy$$$ it!!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, Ucwepn
that's why we have more power. sites like this one are uniting us collectors/buyers. together we control the market.
True yes to a degree...but let's see how much power could lower Alfie's price??
As a collective "we" could begin to dictate values in the marketplace, but those changes would only be reflective after a long period of stagnation...
Alfie WILL sell...probably not for $575...probably not for $475...but it is the "essence of time" and the collective nature of the collectors themselves who "need" him, that will ultimately dictate his actual fair market value..
His going rate is $425.
If he goes for more, and you have one, the market just jumped and you've gained on your investment...
If he goes for less...well then, you've just lost a little value to your collection...
Alfie is an anomaly among the vehicles. His flawed engineering and design were such an embarrassment that he was pulled from production quickly, and seems to have been dumped (distributed) mostly in Canada and Australia...not many were made!!
Thomas collectors are obsessively passionate about the characters and to "collect them all" means "ALL"!!
Idk how many billion people are on the planet, or how many million Thomas collectors there are globally, but I know how few Alfie's there are in the world, and for a serious collector, in this instance, there will NEVER be enough Alfie's to go around!!
Bite the bullet on this one!!
Buy a case of ramen noodles!!
He'll be worth $1000.00 soon enough!! MMW
i understand your point. look at it this way. I'm great with numbers.

I'm not going to use the world population. i use this site. there are 127 members here. lets say all want or at one time have wanted an alfie. would you pay that price? you don't have to answer. but i know i wouldn't. why do you think that is? because i have 1. now that's 126. say there are another 10 here like me. now 116. lets say there are 5 more who find 1 for cheap. i know i have come across 4 in the past 18mo. 3 sold for 150.00usd or less! now 111. i could go on but you get my point. just like the dinosaur these outrageous sellers & their prices will die off. NOW... with all that said! that is not to say.. that this toy wont be worth 1000. someday.......

the prices will drop cause those that could afford it have 1. so once the big prey is gone.... to survive prices will drop cause people cant afford it. product has to move. does this make sense?
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 10:47 PM by trevor379.)
Yes this makes sense in business and collecting, but Alfie IS that one exception for this particular genre of collecting..
If someone sold an Alfie for under $200-$300 dollars they obviously didn't know it's value, and someone else is super stoked and got a great deal!!
If I we're rich, I would make her an offer of $450 and buy it...even though I already have 4 of them!(1 is BNIB)..personally he's my favorite toy of them ALL!!
If I could aquire a hundred of him in my lifetime I would...if I weren't so far behind in my current new releases, or hadn't just dropped my search funds on Powerful Gordon's, I still might have made her on offer!!
...and if it sits too long before I recover I may still try to snatch it up too!!
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 06:47 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Ucwepn
whew! I thought I offened you. just debating is all. we have had 3ft. of snow in a week! shoveling all the time. ready to dig my own grave
[-] The following 1 user Likes trevor379's post:
  • Ucwepn
Not at all!! I totally enjoyed our conversation and hope to have more...I'm not very often able to have such satisfying discussions about such topics with other human beings!!
Thanks ttys
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Ucwepn