Super Gordon

10 Replies, 14725 Views

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vnfBriROzUU

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 165.41 KB / Downloads: 118)
What I do when I'm in a splint and I couldn't put it off anymore, just had to do the mod. He is now a Super G Instead of just G.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Super
Now that is a Super Gordon for sure. Excellent work Rock and a great job on the video too! Is that a stock motor or did you upgrade? Where is the power source from, did you modify his tender with a 3x AAA battery holder?

[Image: applause-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
@"Super" the motor is stock, I don't have the equipment for soldering :/ ,tender is the battery compartment, and it's equipped with a special battery holder from a flashlight for 3xAAA. Required a bit of cutting, but really it was just the tabs that needed to go. That's why the 9V didn't work well, and then I got ahold of the battery thingy. And I got it to work!
I have seen those flashlight battery holders, great idea.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Great work, it certainly looks like he runs quick now, I'm surprised he didn't jump off the rails! You'll have to get yourself a soldering iron, it makes mods easier!
I'm gonna need to get one soon, I have a feeling that motor won't like the train show in April. And here are some more random pics.
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 156.14 KB / Downloads: 93)

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 180.67 KB / Downloads: 89)
(02-17-2015, 04:30 PM)Super Wrote: I have seen those flashlight battery holders, great idea.
For example...

[Image: 3xAAA_zps117woyc6.jpg]
That's what Super G has got.
My Gordon has one too, they are just slightly longer than a C size battery