thomas and friends mini series

3307 Replies, 4309402 Views

It was in Burlington. Totally presumptuous on my part, but I would assume if they got a shipment, other wms in the area probably got some, too. Just a matter of getting them on the floors. I know my sister had been at that store just 2 days prior and they weren't there. Wish I wasn't in a major hurry and just snapped em all up, but I could only grab a few.
(01-29-2017, 04:02 AM)Reivax Wrote: It was in Burlington. Totally presumptuous on my part, but I would assume if they got a shipment, other wms in the area probably got some, too. Just a matter of getting them on the floors. I know my sister had been at that store just 2 days prior and they weren't there. Wish I wasn't in a major hurry and just snapped em all up, but I could only grab a few.

Which one in Burlington. I'm actually in Burlington too. Not sure if you need the Annie blog giraffe 3 pack cause I ordered a bunch from the US and running down to pick them up next week.
Sorry for the delay. Was just going to bed and my wife let me sleep in. It's the one on Fairview near Brant. What are the odds, geez, eh?

I'll be honest, I don't know what that 3-pack is, so good chance I do need it. Smile
(01-29-2017, 12:10 AM)Reivax Wrote: Today was the first day in Ontario, Canada where I finally saw 2017 wave 1. At a Walmart. They must have just added them today. I swear I never even saw many 2016 waves at Walmarts in the last year. Pretty awesome. And sure enough they are awfully light in comparison.

Funny you should mention the weight it was about the first thing I noticed when I un-bagged the first one, what have they done to them? They are so light now that they feel like cheap plastic crap you get given away with kids comics or something.

Why they feel they had to go down this road is beyond me, they cost enough that they must have been making a killing anyway so why short-change everyone with this new cheap design? I noticed on at least one the body doesn't sit so well on the chassis either, there is definitely a small gap, possibly I suspect due to the plastic deforming slightly and not fitting tight enough, probably caused by it being too thin.

Still I guess they are running out of ideas for new models so are probably trying to get as much profit out of these last models before they kill the range off so won't care if the collectors turn their backs... Sad

(01-28-2017, 10:55 PM)Sdb Wrote: Had them here last week as well, managed to grab all 10 new ones Big Grin

Silly question time, you do know there is 18 in the full wave 1? Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 07:24 PM by Nigels.)
(01-29-2017, 07:22 PM)Nigels Wrote: Funny you should mention the weight it was about the first thing I noticed when I un-bagged the first one, what have they done to them? They are so light now that they feel like cheap plastic crap you get given away with kids comics or something.

Why they feel they had to go down this road is beyond me, they cost enough that they must have been making a killing anyway so why short-change everyone with this new cheap design? I noticed on at least one the body doesn't sit so well on the chassis either, there is definitely a small gap, possibly I suspect due to the plastic deforming slightly and not fitting tight enough, probably caused by it being too thin.

Still I guess they are running out of ideas for new models so are probably trying to get as much profit out of these last models before they kill the range off so won't care if the collectors turn their backs... Sad

Silly question time, you do know there is 18 in the full wave 1? Smile

Yep only buying the new releases as he just gives away his doubles so not worth picking up the re-releases, and on top of that he's also collecting the Lego batman blind bags Big Grin

(01-29-2017, 01:16 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: I am glad to hear you guys in UK and Canada are finally getting new ones and it's good to hear you didn't give into temptation and buy those way overpriced ebay listings.

Yep we've been lucky of late between official imports and fair priced sellers. Just watching my local Asda (Walmart) for new 9 and 4 packs (they've currently only got some older DC ones). Gradually getting wider distribution of 3 packs here as well.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 08:04 PM by Sdb.)
[quote='Sdb' pid='26308' dateline='1485719811']

Yep only buying the new releases as he just gives away his doubles so not worth picking up the re-releases, and on top of that he's also collecting the Lego batman blind bags Big Grin

Ah, that makes sense then Smile

So he's into the Lego Batman? I'm still not sure about that series, I tend to prefer the trains and more realistic Lego, well apart from the Nexo Knights and of course the Star Wars models lol! Hmmm, except of course recently I also got the Yellow Submarine and Dr Who 'ideas' sets as well (the latter is great if you want strange parts to build your own stuff, lots of unusual bricks in that set)...

What I am kicking myself for is missing the Simpsons minifigs, although I got lucky today and snagged a handful of series 2 packs against all odds Smile

Now all I got to do is keep resisting the urge to get the Simpsons House and/or Kwik-E-Mart except of course I got my birthday coming up and I been a good boy all year, no devil get your hands off my wallet lol!!
Speaking of Lego Simpsons, I must have missed out on Legos as a kid, and only after having sons did I realize how awesome Lego is. I adore the Simpsons and I had to jump on board with those mini figures. Had a great time hunting them down. I displayed them in little cases I got from Michaels.

(01-29-2017, 04:29 AM)Yeahright Wrote: Which one in Burlington. I'm actually in Burlington too. Not sure if you need the Annie blog giraffe 3 pack cause I ordered a bunch from the US and running down to pick them up next week.

(Sorry for the spam didn't see an edit option) I looked and didn't initially kno which ones you meant. I know now and most definitely am interested in that 3 pack if you happen to have extras. Thanks very much for asking.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 11:34 PM by Reivax.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Reivax's post:
  • Minilover61, Nigels
(01-29-2017, 11:31 PM)Reivax Wrote: Speaking of Lego Simpsons, I must have missed out on Legos as a kid, and only after having sons did I realize how awesome Lego is. I adore the Simpsons and I had to jump on board with those mini figures. Had a great time hunting them down. I displayed them in little cases I got from Michaels.

(Sorry for the spam didn't see an edit option) I looked and didn't initially kno which ones you meant. I know now and most definitely am interested in that 3 pack if you happen to have extras. Thanks very much for asking.

Ok I will have a spare 3-pack. Thanks I managed to go to that location and grabbed a Bertie spare that my son wanted.
Found some of the new 3 packs at the Superstore in St. Thomas Ontario
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chromeant's post:
  • mikedaws
[quote='Reivax' pid='26315' dateline='1485732702']
Speaking of Lego Simpsons, I must have missed out on Legos as a kid, and only after having sons did I realize how awesome Lego is. I adore the Simpsons and I had to jump on board with those mini figures. Had a great time hunting them down. I displayed them in little cases I got from Michaels.

Love the display cabinet Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Reivax