thomas and friends mini series

3307 Replies, 4311258 Views

(02-04-2017, 06:18 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: Thank you so much Mike! I don't know why these packs don't show up with regular "Thomas Minis Pack" search terms. I've been searching every few days, never saw PR packs, never saw Pack #3. Just ordered Pack #3 now, sadly PR packs prices spiked! I hope some of you guys were able to grab them.

Can't find the new DC 9 pack, though.

The Power Rangers and DC pack only seemed to be listed for a very short time yesterday. I'll post if I see them listed again Smile I did manage to snag one of each

(02-04-2017, 09:14 AM)krisholio14 Wrote: It's definitely special edition Thomas.

The only trains that appear on the checklist are the ones that have been released in wave 1 or 2, and it's showing on there that the invisible Thomas is indeed the special.

Well he's wrong. I will scan the checklist and show the colour Invisible Man Henry and this Thomas are shown in the same shade, meaning both are clear. It's exactly the same on the bags. This is aside from the fact that right next to the Thomas it says 'Special Edition', and he's the only Thomas that's been released in blind bags thus far, and only trains that have been released are on the checklist.

I can also confirm the code numbers are spot on.

Kris. Thanks for the update about Thomas. Would love to see a scan of the insert checklist. Are you selling wave 2 at all? I purchased a Platinum Thomas from you last year. Maybe DM if you are Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 05:48 PM by mikedaws.)
Power Rangers are listed again on Amazon.com for $14.99. Happy shopping Smile
That's good to know about Special Edition Thomas. I haven't seen the checklist so I've had to rely on word of mouth, plus our checklists don't list the names of the vehicles unlike the US and Canada.
I picked up the new 9-pack at Walmart, the one that has Clark Kent and few others, don't remember now they are still in the car..

However I still cannot find this pack:

Superman Thomas
Darkseid Gordon
Arctic Batman Edward
Captain Boomerang Diesel
Deadshot Diesel 10
Lex Luthor Paxton
Bumblebee Millie
Mister Miracle Sidney
Beast Boy Luke

I only need the ones that are in bold.
If anyone spots this set, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pablo392's post:
  • mikedaws, YALLLOW
(02-05-2017, 01:45 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: I picked up the new 9-pack at Walmart, the one that has Clark Kent and few others, don't remember now they are still in the car..

However I still cannot find this pack:

Superman Thomas
Darkseid Gordon
Arctic Batman Edward
Captain Boomerang Diesel
Deadshot Diesel 10
Lex Luthor Paxton
Bumblebee Millie
Mister Miracle Sidney
Beast Boy Luke

I only need the ones that are in bold.
If anyone spots this set, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

This pack has only been available in the UK so far. I've only seen a few on eBay UK. Would love to get one myself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mikedaws's post:
  • YALLLOW
There have been talks on here recently about what's expected for the rest of the year and I'd like to offer some thoughts.

We've been quite fortunate to know a lot of releases for 2017 already through the Amazon listings and multi-packs containing more variants, and none of these ways have been through those eBay listings with unreleased items.

We seem to know all the DC Super Friends packs, the Power Rangers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I suspect at New York Toy Fair, these will be publicly announced instead. It's also quite surprising how much of the 2017 blind bag series we know of, but I'm concerned for the next two series as I feel 2017/1-2 has been very small compared to previous years, and moreso excluding re-releases. I don't believe we'll see the full blind bag line-up at New York Toy Fair as we didn't last year and had to find out on some Japanese ad. It would be nice if we knew all the engines that are coming out in the blind bags from the get-go, but it seems we'll just wait for a poster as usual.

For those concerned that we'll see very little at New York Toy Fair, I think we'll definitely have new things to be excited about. The most likely prediction is another large playset, but we could see multiple sets, or a new pop-up set, or Launchers, or a completely new assortment of items similar to the Launchers. Even after Toy Fair, we saw special things like Glow in the Dark and the Pop-Up sets.

(By the way, with drewbenn's rumours list, all of them seem to be correct, but Tootsie Roll Thomas is just another name for Fruit Chews Thomas.)
[-] The following 5 users Like jdogman's post:
  • drewbenn, mikedaws, Pablo392, sunhuntin, YALLLOW
Is it normal for Fisher Price to never make an official list? Does that make it more interesting for collectors like us to keep hunting? I would say it's opposite. Without official release information from the manufacturer, people will eventually get bored or discouraged and stop collecting. Imagine where we would be if drewbenn didn't compile that master list. What if one day he decides it's too much for him and he stops updating it?

Is anyone attending the Toy Fair? About 4 years ago I was able to get passes through some of my clients, now they are not in this business anymore, but if you know that the exhibitors will have guest passes, I will start making some calls.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pablo392's post:
  • drewbenn, YALLLOW
(02-06-2017, 12:49 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: Is it normal for Fisher Price to never make an official list? Does that make it more interesting for collectors like us to keep hunting? I would say it's opposite. Without official release information from the manufacturer, people will eventually get bored or discouraged and stop collecting. Imagine where we would be if drewbenn didn't compile that master list. What if one day he decides it's too much for him and he stops updating it?

Is anyone attending the Toy Fair? About 4 years ago I was able to get passes through some of my clients, now they are not in this business anymore, but if you know that the exhibitors will have guest passes, I will start making some calls.

I agree with you. It is a lot of work to try and keep up with everything. It almost causes me anxiety and collecting shouldn't do that. Why are some things released only in certain countries? Certain states? I mean, don't get me wrong, I've met some nice people trading on here - - but with the quality change and the scattered product. I'm getting tired!

I really need to go through my collection and inventory. I haven't put my minis in their new tackle boxes yet... losing track of what I already have and what I think are new!
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2017, 11:39 AM by YALLLOW.)
[-] The following 2 users Like YALLLOW's post:
  • mikedaws, sunhuntin
(02-06-2017, 12:49 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: Is anyone attending the Toy Fair? About 4 years ago I was able to get passes through some of my clients, now they are not in this business anymore, but if you know that the exhibitors will have guest passes, I will start making some calls.

If anyone can, please take loads of pictures of everything and allow us to use them! It's interesting reading the policies they have to go, but it's more strange seeing the rules for popular YouTubers which spam videos every week. A couple of years ago, I had a little trade connection which allowed me to go to a local toy fair in the city, and I attended a breakfast where a representative from Mattel was one of the speakers and said a couple of interesting things about Thomas, but that's for another day.

In response to a lack of a list, someone posted some time ago both annual checklists which have been made and they actually do list almost everything. These things do come out, but you have to wait until most of them are out on the shelves. Unlike us, most people aren't tracking down and noting every release that gets made for a Wikia or checklist, and you always find out new releases inconsistently with Amazon listings, random social media posts, or images of a unnamed multi-pack. It usually takes some time for a proper announcement saying that everything's out and these are all the items being made.

Another thing I haven't mentioned is whether there will be another Comic-Con exclusive. I doubted there would be one last year and was wrong, but this year I'm doubting it too. Matty Collector has shut down and moved some of their lines to toy store website Super7, so I don't believe some of Mattel's brands would be making an appearance there. The only other option would be the toys for adults section on Mattel's website, so we'll see when San Diego Comic-Con comes around what Mattel will do.
[-] The following 4 users Like jdogman's post:
  • drewbenn, mikedaws, sunhuntin, YALLLOW
Well... here is one of my Amazon purchases... it has a double in it like you all were talking about. The other one was the Power Ranger 9 pack. Also included is the organizing and sorting of my Mini collection for the moving guys who are coming on Friday! My husband says I'm obsessed!

[img][Image: IMG_2505.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: IMG_2503.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: IMG_2504.jpg][/img]

EDIT TO ADD FINISHED PROJECT:

[img][Image: IMG_2508.jpg][/img]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2017, 01:45 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 3 users Like YALLLOW's post:
  • mikedaws, Pablo392, sunhuntin