thomas and friends mini series

3307 Replies, 4310658 Views

So with my kids getting older and my time being limited I’m thinking it’s time for me to retire from the Minis. It’s been a lot of fun getting to know all of you here on the forum. I’m looking to sell my collection. It’s pretty much a master set: All the trains up until series 23 (2021) weighted versions, unweighted versions, variations, knock-offs, comic-con exclusives. If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can work out a good price!

Take care!

Mike
[-] The following 2 users Like mikedaws's post:
  • drewbenn, Super
Sorry to see you go Mike. You have been a integral part of this Mini community for a long time but this is a natural progression of our hobbys...moving on. What will your next collection be about...hmmm...collectors gotta collect Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks Super! You know me all too well...there’s always something to be collected....Just need some time and to focus on just a few things at a time! I do collect vinyl figures, Funko Pops and trading cards as well. Need to go through all of those as well! Always good to thin out the collection now and then. I also have a huge collection of vintage Star Wars figures, Gi Joe, transformers and Masters of the Universe. Take care!!
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 08:23 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes mikedaws's post:
  • drewbenn
well, i can honestly say this is the saddest news i have ever read on here! i do hope you will pop in from time to time. you will be missed. good luck selling your collection. sadly, i think you will have to sell it piecemeal, as everyone here will only need the odd few. but you may get lucky and find someone who needs almost everything.

will send you a pm re: fizz n go white cat. a long shot i know, but worth a try at least.

in other news, we are getting an advent calendar this year. contents unknown.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • mikedaws, Super
(04-08-2021, 01:11 AM)mikedaws Wrote: It’s been a lot of fun getting to know all of you here on the forum. I’m looking to sell my collection

Hi Mike,
Really sad to see this but I am sure you will find something next to move on, I am just sad that fisher price made it so difficult to continue collecting, not to mention completely changing the way they were releasing these. I am on the same boat as you, I still have a lot of unsorted minis, selling the collection will be tough but who has the time to sell these individually. Looking back, I don't regret this one bit, and I am still a little hopeful that it can still be salvaged if we can finally catch up with the most recent releases.
Fingers crossed some miracle happens that we start seeing bags that allow us to find what we are missing.

It was lots of fun trading with you too, thank you so much for your help. If it weren't for you, I'd probably give up a while ago.
I feel the same way. If it wasn’t for you, there would have been a ton that I was missing. I really enjoyed trading with you. I think I would keep collecting if the releases weren’t so inconsistent and tough to track down. I still haven’t seen the 2021 (wave 23) series yet. Some stores that I used to get them from no longer carry minis. Really a shame. I miss seeing the sections full of minis when I would go into a store. I really wish that they had continued on with the licenced product and crossovers. If I knew this would be the last year for minis I might just try to finish up the year so that the set is complete. I’m so far behind in organizing. Almost to the point that it’s overwhelming to think about. Might just have to drag them all out and spend a good day organizing the series/years and get them all labeled. Pretty sure I have over 1000 with all the variations and such. I’ll keep checking in here. Hoping we’ll see something new and exciting. Still haven’t seen any release info in North America for the advent calendar....

Take care and keep in touch!

Mike
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 11:20 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes mikedaws's post:
  • Pablo392
So I finally came across series 23. Do I get them? Just 24 of them in this series...Life dilemmas...
[-] The following 2 users Like mikedaws's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
[Image: laughing-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mikedaws
entirely up to you, sir. if you are wanting out of the game, it might not be worth it.

found this on twitter, so take that into consideration...
[Image: s24box.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • mikedaws
Looking like the minis are going to keep on coming...Metallic James for series 24...
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 12:13 PM by Super.)