thomas and friends mini series

3307 Replies, 4310070 Views

the playwheels arrived, and ive managed to fit 2 engines into each space by putting them on their sides, rear end in first on an angle, wheel to wheel. theres just enough clearnace between the front coupling and the lid of the case. the metallics are placed in seperately in the blister that houses gold thomas.
each case is designed to hold 16... doing it this way i can almost double it. am considering getting another 2 cases at some stage to make sure i have enough room.

[Image: GEDC2090.jpg]

also caved and ordered the blister packs from ebay, so i should have everything released to date and will try to sell the duplicates. they shouldnt be too far away hopefully.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, Ucwepn
I've got the 2 8-train packs but still no storage wheel. None of the walmarts around here have it in stock. Once I get the wheel I'll start getting the 3-train packs.
I was in Walmart the other day and saw a couple storage wheels, but I am not going to collect another range of thomas andd friends, unfortunately.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
the two 8 packs came today. initally i thought i had 4 duplicates out of 16, but it turns out the bert is a neon, not a classic. so only 3 doubles, which is really good. the same link in the first post will lead to more photos of the new arrivals.
one collectors wheel is full, and ive started on the second. EDIT~ after some rearranging, i have room for one more engine in the first wheel. i refuse to put two metallics in the one slot, so moved all of them to the second case, cutting up the blisters to stop movement.

robo henry [next to salty] has different print on both sides, and racer thomas has gradient coloring on the top.
[Image: GEDC2114.jpg]

metallic gordon! neon [paint] james also has different print on the sides, with the detailing extending to his wheels.
[Image: GEDC2125.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 07:07 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, Super
Sunhuntin, could you clarify. I understand you bought 2 eight packs and the 18 individual trains and there are only 3 doubles? If I understand correctly, could you name the doubles? I was going to buy both 8 packs and the 3 packs and return the unopened single packs so I don't have doubles. (I was going to try and tell the difference by using the pictures that others have posted online)
hotshot, correct. the doubles from what i have so far are metallic james, old school diesel and pirate salty.
i have also bought the 4 different 3 packs, which are yet to arrive, and expect the duplicates to be: classic thomas, hero victor, spooky emily [all in the same pack], also classic diesel 10, racer gordon and classic dash. so 6 duplicates out of 12.

from what i can tell, the 8 packs and 3 packs contain no doubles between the two. the doubles occur with the individual trains, but that range also carries some which arent seen in the blister packs.

im not worried about having more than one of some engines... can always sell them or keep as spares.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2015, 05:06 AM by sunhuntin.)
got the minis 3-packs this morning. am selling the duplicates to a friend for her son. now im impatient for the next wave to be released. lol

the packs, straight out of the bubble mailer. one entire pack not needed.
[Image: GEDC2152.jpg]

these are the ones i didnt already have. didnt bother photographing the doubles.
[Image: GEDC2157.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • frances2112, MuddyPoppins, ROCKINATOR, Super, Ucwepn
sunhuntin:
So the first wave should be 36 trains including the Gold Thomas?
I've got 27 of them so far. Missing one of the 3 packs (the last one on your picture) and the individual ones plus Gold Thomas.
exile, i just counted and i got 38 including gold thomas.

actually had a good buy over the weekend, a local store had buy one toy, get another half price. so i got another 3 cases and a lego set. Tongue the cases were $35 each, but i got two half price.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • ROCKINATOR
Do you know where to purchase these in the US?

(03-16-2015, 05:16 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: got the minis 3-packs this morning. am selling the duplicates to a friend for her son. now im impatient for the next wave to be released. lol

the packs, straight out of the bubble mailer. one entire pack not needed.
[Image: GEDC2152.jpg]

these are the ones i didnt already have. didnt bother photographing the doubles.
[Image: GEDC2157.jpg]