Plarail Advance mods

16 Replies, 15077 Views

These are the kind of ships I usually make Super, You see the scale difference. The Shed is home made, based on the old shed at Nigata depot. I am planning a modern shed for the Shinkansen trains but it may use a converted Kato kit.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_2652.JPG (Size: 151.98 KB / Downloads: 74)
[-] The following 3 users Like Wartsilaone's post:
  • NWRMainLineTerminal, plarailfan, ROCKINATOR
Holy smokes...did you build that miniature ship from scratch? Its beautiful. Sure would like to see more of you talents. You should start your own Wartsilaone Thread where pictures and videos of your work can be located in one spot.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Remembering that this forum's about the trains we like and not all about me and the models I've made I think it's probably better to just add a link.
These are some the model ships that I've produced and have occupied a lot my spare time over the last few years.
If you're interested have look.
http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ferryf...ll%20Ships
Actually, That is why we have the "General Forum" for any topic even if its non train related.

Love the all the ships and so small. You must have some very good magnifying glasses you wear when constructing these. Did you even build from scratch the containers for the Stena Line in the last picture? I love how you set up the photos whit some great backdrops and blue water...perfect. So after building all these mini ships and the large North Sea Ferry from scratch which scale do you prefer?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I can have hundreds of these models in one display case so they're very good for collecting and I have growing number customers so it would be nice to think that some of them will be around after I've gone.
However, Nothing beats a radio control model that can actually sail and do the other things like the real thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wartsilaone's post:
  • Super
You should make narrow gauge engines in this scale, to make the engines that are supposed to be standard gauge look right next to them.
does your modify DD51 runs well on the track given it has Styrene body (should be heavier than the original body)?