Defacing Diesel class 08

16 Replies, 24861 Views

Why do you Deface them? That's what makes them so unique.
Well thats one way to think...however there is also the thinking that by defacing them makes them unique.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I never followed this thread up

[Image: 1D070A48-A32A-4BDB-94A9-6BD595872C94_zpss35xmlan.jpg]

This is how he is now, I'm not overly happy, but I can't be bothered to make the louvres for the front, I would still like to paint some wasp stripes on either end and fit some flashing lights, but for now he is done!
[-] The following 3 users Like Tramp's post:
  • bollard, Super, Ucwepn
I like the black bar running through the middle of the grill. Is that the same mesh screening you used on Salty? What type of glue do you use for these shells?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I have my own and how can I do the same things? And what did you to make it?
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
It's amazing! looks like Mr. Werx.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(02-09-2016, 04:40 PM)Super Wrote: I like the black bar running through the middle of the grill. Is that the same mesh screening you used on Salty? What type of glue do you use for these shells?

Hey super, no it's different mesh...... But I can't remember where it came from, I can half remember 'finding it' And thinking it would be suitable, but I've no idea where it came from now! I generally use two part epoxy resin, it's really good strong glue for a range of surfaces. Saying that, i think I glued the grill in with pva, as it is transparent when dried,

(02-09-2016, 07:49 PM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: I have my own and how can I do the same things? And what did you to make it?

Hey train boy, the hardest thing was defacing diesel in the first place as his face was cast, you can see the posts above for that bit, the rest was relatively easy,
I filled the old face hole with a blank piece of plasticard and glue it in place, I then cut a strip of plasticard for the radiator devider and glued it in. I painted the card with enamel paint to black it up. Then I cut some mesh to size, spread some pva in the cut out and glued the mesh in.

It wasn't overly hard, but getting the mesh might be, as above, I can't remember where I got it from, although if you have an old sieve it might do, or some gauze from an air vent?

(02-09-2016, 09:23 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: It's amazing! looks like Mr. Werx.

Thanks, it's a nice subtle mod, I like this train because of its drive unit, it's quiet and steady and seems to mange a good stretch of rolling stock,