Help with Japanese!

16 Replies, 18086 Views

While going through my storage of extra stuff I came across this train. I believe I have learned from Gerisplarail1 that these are Event Exclusive engines. I have seen a lot of color variations of these but none of them appealed to me except for this one...um...except for those yellow wheels that I will replace with black or gray. Anyway on the sides, in English it says ET-300_1 Express but I would like to know what it says on the front in Japanese. Does it simply say "Tomy"? I found another one i my storage that is all black with no Japanese on it and red wheels...ugh...will have to swap them out too.

Attached Files
.jpg   003.JPG (Size: 140.72 KB / Downloads: 102)
.jpg   006.JPG (Size: 98.99 KB / Downloads: 101)
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
It is an event exclusive and yes it just says Plarail on the front in Japanese.
Many thanks Geris for the translation and teaching me about Event Exclusives. Too bad they didnlt print the year or Event they were given away at. Do you happen to know if this train is modeled after a real one? I have not had any luck searching for it. It is very interesting looking.
It is not based on a real train, the blue/silver event exclusive you have pictured was a prize from the fishing game at the plarail festivals held in 1999 celebrating plarails 40th Anniversary, this is a replica of a black train engine Tomy originally released in 1961. 3 of these were prizes in 1999, blue/silver, green/dark green, and yellow/red.
Thanks Geris, I have seen some videos of the fishing game for the kids although not way back then. They must have continued the tradition with all their events. Might their be pictures of the black one they released in 1961? I will post a picture of the all black one just like this one I have in one of these boxes somewhere.
(03-22-2015, 04:08 AM)Super Wrote: Thanks Geris, I have seen some videos of the fishing game for the kids although not way back then. They must have continued the tradition with all their events. Might their be pictures of the black one they released in 1961? I will post a picture of the all black one just like this one I have in one of these boxes somewhere.

here are pics

Attached Files
.jpg   blackET3001.jpg (Size: 41.01 KB / Downloads: 86)
.jpg   blackET300102.jpg (Size: 25.29 KB / Downloads: 86)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Wow, will you look at that vintage all metal motor housing and strange on/off switch. I believe that is almost exactly what the all black one that I have looks like so it must be a rerelease of this original. Is there a story about this one? I wouldn't imagine it to be an Event Exclusive. And look at those couplings with the hook facing up. Thanks Geris is this one yours?
No this isn't mine just in my catalog of reference pictures, you are correct in 1961 they did not have events haha Plarail was only 2 years old. this was a standard release, I am pretty sure this was still before the toys were modeled after real life trains. I think there is a black replica that Tomy produced I thought I had pictures but I cannot find them, too many pics to look through haha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Sorry no comprehendè...
"I don't speak Spanish!!!" Wink
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
This is a picture like the one I have (somewhere) that I just saw on the Japan Auctions. Looks just like the original but has the updated motor with the switch on top.

Attached Files
.jpg   o725.jpg (Size: 97.69 KB / Downloads: 63)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1