Custom Ivor the Engine

3 Replies, 13081 Views

Version 1

The first version of Ivor was made for a remake of "The Railway" (Episode 1), inspired by Callum Walker (SI3DFilms)'s Trainz one. However, he was only a one-off, so I made sure to make him 90% reversible. I repainted Stepney's shell and mounted it on a Percy chassis, albeit with Stepney's siderods. While painting the shell, I tried to get a colour mixture similar enough to Percy's so it could match Percy's wheels. This is what it looked like:

[Image: ehacjr.jpg]

[Image: 23u7blt.png]

[Image: 6e3vb9.png]

[Image: kafino.png]

Here is the remake it featured in:

Version 2

This version was made from a 2012 TrackMaster Thomas that was bought in the UK. The sides of the footplate had to be trimmed in order to make room for the side panels, and the front bufferbeam was cut off and replaced with the rear bufferbeam from an old TOMY/HiT Thomas. The fake middle wheels were also cut off, with their remains being hidden using electrical tape.

[Image: 1zmlg8x.jpg]

[Image: xfotvo.jpg]

Update: Final result (hand-painted siderods were going to be replaced with Stepney's):

[Image: 2ztarzq.jpg]

[Image: fyo03n.jpg]

[Image: 28218jd.jpg]

[Image: ta1oyh.jpg]

[Image: zn0f9x.jpg]
Excellent video work. Is this the only video remake of an episode featuring a Mod of yours or have you made more? What is SiF?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
1. I've always tried to avoid remaking actual Thomas episodes because I thought that was too overdone. Instead, I decided to find more unusual ideas like "Blow Some Steam" (Robot Chicken), "Thomas the Unstoppable Tank Engine" (MAD) and then this Ivor remake, which I did back when the Si3DFilms Trainz one was still up. I've wanted to reshoot this remake with the new model, but I never took the chance to do so before the motor expired (the model had been left unused for some years, just like vikjohn's Caitlin).

2. Sodor Island Fansite. (Or, in this case, the Sodor Island Forums.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Look forward to seeing more remakes, you do it very well. I don't think I have heard of the Sodor Island Fansite until now, thanks.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]