Errr... This....

16 Replies, 19949 Views

Just couldn't resist this;

EBay Job Lot

Guess I am collecting Thomas gear as well now lol!
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DuckGWR, Super
(05-31-2015, 01:18 PM)Nigels Wrote: Just couldn't resist this.............

There seem to be a lot of collect-it-yourself lots in that general area. All a very long way from me unfortunately, otherwise I'd have been in a race with you for that one!

I did splash out on this one, however.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Nice one Chris, to be honest its a bit further than I'd normally travel, but for what was on offer for the price I've decided to make the exception Smile

Cherry pick what I want out of it then maybe sell off some of the rest on eBay (or consign it to a 'spares' box)...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(05-31-2015, 01:18 PM)Nigels Wrote: Just couldn't resist this; EBay Job Lot
Guess I am collecting Thomas gear as well now lol!

Its the ability to buy huge lots like this on Ebay that enables us to go from having a normal collection to a monster size. I blame Ebay for our acceleration into beastmode collector. Nice find

(05-31-2015, 03:04 PM)chrisjo Wrote: I did splash out on this one, however.

Thats a very good deal on those for sure.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
nice one, nigels. im seeing parts of 3 bullet trains in there. it doesnt look like they are complete, sadly. one is the eurostar which is quite sought after. looks like it was worth it for the track alone though
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Nigels, Super
(06-01-2015, 06:06 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: nice one, nigels. im seeing parts of 3 bullet trains in there. it doesnt look like they are complete, sadly. one is the eurostar which is quite sought after. looks like it was worth it for the track alone though

Totally agree Sub, there's quite a few things in there and I'm sure some will be missing rolling stock or need some remedial work, but hey that's all part of the fun isn't it? Smile

I figure there should be enough interesting bits and bobs in there to keep me busy for some time to come and of course it is effectively a kick start to my Thomas collection.

Besides for all I know there may well be other rolling stock in one of the other bins that fills some of the gaps lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(06-01-2015, 08:45 AM)Nigels Wrote: hey that's all part of the fun isn't it? Smile

Oh yes, I loved going through bulk purchases. The bigger the more fun. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
As they say sometimes the chase is more exciting than the catch. At least always seems to be that way with me and women, maybe my expectations are too high lol!
[Image: laughing-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Job lots can be great. I bought a lot and saw that all the sets were Japanese in origin and the seller apologised that the car park item only had announcements in Japanese!!!
result!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Penybontshed's post:
  • Super