Dash's Misty Island Mission

7 Replies, 7509 Views

I bought this today.

[Image: 001-1024x576.jpg]

I have never really wanted to get any of the Logging Locos apart from Ferdinand, and I was rather hesitant about getting this set. But the fold-out track set it came with is what interested me, so for that...

When I opened it, the layout wasn't quite as wide as I expected. My larger engines, such as Murdoch, Connor, etc could not really go very well around those curves. I'll post more pics when I figure out something with it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jaytrain1's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, sunhuntin, Super, Ucwepn
Nice pickup Jaytrain1
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Well, here it's setup, you can see how narrow it is compared to a curve:

[Image: 0011-1024x576.jpg]

[Image: 0021-1024x576.jpg]

[Image: 006-576x1024.jpg]

[Image: 007-576x1024.jpg]

I dunno... I'll probably give the set to my nephew...
[-] The following 2 users Like Jaytrain1's post:
  • jdogman, Super
That is a super cool desktop Jaytrain1 and a great idea of having it span over a desk to a floor bookshelf. It looks to have a nice finish on it, did you make it yourself? I can't see any seams what size boards are those boards are those? 2"x10"x8'?
It's an old custom Ikea-built computer desk, my family's had it for about 30 years! I'm not sure about the dimensions, but I'd say it's less than 2", not quite 24" in width. I wish it was wider, but it gets the job done! And as much as I don't really like the TnP track, it works for layouts like this!
It looks very solid and heavy. Did we even have computers 300 years ago? Now that I think of it computers were much bigger back then and the big CRT monitors weighed quite a lot. That is a great work surface though and could be used in a variety of ways to last many more years to come. I know that Ikea hasn't been in the States for very long. At least not near me, maybe 10 years or so. How long has that company been in business?
Super, I'm quite sure they didn't have computers in the 1700's! But they did have computers in as far back as the 70's. They didn't do much back then so they weren't very popular until after the Internet came about 15-20 years ago. And I didn't research this, my brain has a lot of useless information that might get used once or twice.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Super
LOL Smile

Thanks Rock, fixed the typo.