Santa Visited Early :)

8 Replies, 9108 Views

I'm beginning to feel sorry for my postie (well not that sorry - I'm keeping him employed after all), here was today's shipments from Japan Smile

First a 'special edition' Advance version of the E233 train;
[Image: DSCF0066.jpg]

Then a double pack of Advance Shinkansen trains, included are special couplings to convert/connect them to form a single train as well as the Advance track rails to enable easier deployment of the train(s);
[Image: DSCF0065.jpg]

Finally a standard Plarail type C57 steam locomotive including working front headlight;
[Image: DSCF0068.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0067.jpg]

That's all folks (for today) Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins, ROCKINATOR
Nice arrivals Nigels, both large and small. I think the C-57 is the most detailed of the Tomy Steam Engine line. I don't know why they chose to make it tender powered. Will we be seeing a video of these running?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I just knew that question was coming lol! I'll have to see what can be done Smile
I was going to order the c57 two days ago, but I got Mavis as she was cheaper and had the rolling stock I wanted (breakdown train) hope you enjoy him!
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like ROCKINATOR's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Nigels
I have to say the C57 does look pretty impressive, I've also got a couple more of the plarail steam loco's on order, longer term I want to try to get a set of them together. Although I like the Thomas trains I do prefer the more realistic looking ones Smile
@Nigels,

I want that Saikyo Line! Big Grin
I've got the Plarail version of that Saikyou line. I need to find time to open it. :/

-plarnold
It is rather nice isn't it Plarnold Smile

I got it from Tokyo Hobby One selling it on Amazon Marketplace (uk), not too expensive either Smile

I know what you mean about opening etc... it sort of stacks up a bit at times lol!
As most of you all know, some trains are supposed to be event or location exclusive ones. The standard size Plarail Saikyo is exclusive to the JR East Railway Museum. Of course, you can buy it elsewhere all around online.

After buying it, I can't even believe it hasn't been opened yet considering some of the other stuff I bought has already been opened and played with say many times.

UPDATE:
I just checked. The E233 Saikyo is now sold out officially at the Museum. Big Grin

-plarnold
Cool, thanks for the background on the Saikyo, I did wonder where these 'special editions' come from, I've also got the Advance special edition 'Casiopia' sleeper, that came from an eBay seller in HK.

I'm almost tempted to see if I can get a second Saikyo so when I finally run it I can run a dual length one Smile