Latest PlaRail Special Edition

4 Replies, 4939 Views

Well as some of you noticed, I like my 'special editions', so imagine my joy to get home from a job interview to find a package on my doorstop with the "Special Edition - Odakyu Romance Car MSE (With Lights)" in it. Smile

Sorry no photo's yet as I've only been home for a little while, but I can assure you it is an incredibly beautiful looking train.

Plarnold, hopefully you'll know what/where this special edition was all about Smile

Happy Days, Nigel
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
This Special Edition is exclusive to some big retail stores in Japan. I got one too! Big Grin

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • Nigels, Super
Excellent, I just knew that you would know where it originated. I don't know about you but this is one I'm really glad I purchased as it is such an elegant train and for once instead of just 'holes' or stickers for windows it actually has molded windows/frames and the artwork appears to be proper tampo printing.

Overall a lovely example of what can be produced by Tomy for plarail Smile

Thanks again Plarnold Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
It is interesting that you mention the windows. I haven't noticed that myself. All I noticed was that the numbers indicate that someday they will sell or give out the middle cars to fill in the remaining numbers.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
Yes, I saw that also, I've already got a couple of E5 middle cars on order to extend my E5, so (hopefully) the missing cars for this set will appear at some point.

Maybe if you see them on sale you could give me a nudge? Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super