Mixed Bag Today

4 Replies, 5756 Views

Ok, well here's today's haul, a varied bag from Amazon, eBay and a surprise from the newsagent Smile

I'll start with the newsagent, I'm not usually one for buying the magazines, but this one caught my eye due to the cover mounted spencer loco;
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0055.jpg]

Next up we have a couple of arrivals from Amazon, some old but new in box fisher price models (i.e. pre-revolution <yuk>).

First up 'Introducing Porter';
[Image: DSC_0056.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0057.jpg]

Secondly 'Talking Thomas';
[Image: DSC_0058.jpg]

This is an addition to my existing (pre-owned) talk-and-action Thomas and real steam Thomas, not to mention the numerous variants on 'standard' Thomas's I seem to have aquirred of late.

The last one is a bit of an oddity, it is a Hornby 'Thomas and Friends' breakdown crane. Not 'faced', but none-the-less a lovely model, this is based on their standard breakdown crane, except is in black (and weathered) as opposed to the standard one which is usually red as I recall. This is something I've never owned despite a large'ish collection of 'OO' gauge locomotives and rolling stock (normal not Thomas). But of course not being faced it is useable in either context. This is brand new in box and as I understand it retired several years ago;

[Image: DSC_0053.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, Ucwepn
Very nice haul!
Impressive! That spencer looks like a knock off of the take n play spencer.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
It's not bad as a freebie on a magazine only costing £2.75, sure its only plastic (I think as I not taken it off the card yet), but its a novelty to add to the collection.

Talking of which today's haul just became a lot bigger as I had another (unexpected) visit from the postman not so long ago. This was a 'job lot' type auction win off eBay and contained the following;

Thomas & Cranky Deluxe Set
Knapford Station
Water Tower & Coal Bunker
+ Extras

In total the package contained the following locomotives all in perfect working order except Thomas who has a stripped gear but otherwise fully running order;

Thomas (needs new gear)
Edward
Gordon
Emily
Diesel 10
Mavis
Rocky (crane)
Bertie? (bus)

All the relevant rolling stock was also included, so various wagons, coaches, etc...

Out of the locomotives the only one showing any real wear is Mavis who has a couple of surface scratches on her top, the rest look almost un-used.

So all in all a great day for me Smile

Thomas
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, sunhuntin, Super
Lots of stuff to play around with. Way to go Nigels
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]