Hobby search.. First order..

15 Replies, 18984 Views

Hello, well I made my first hobby search order tonight. This will be my first plarail items so I am pretty excited. I will add some pics when the order arrives. Does shipping usually take awhile with orders? Also does anyone know how the shipping works? Meaning at checkout it said ¥4000. Is that an estimate or the actual cost?

What I purchased..

- aquarium HIRO set.
- gator and Marion
- Percy and rocky
- KF-01 Steam Locomotive
- KF-02 HD300 Hybrid Locomotive

Thanks..
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
You'll love the Aquarium Hiro set, I got that about a month back and it is awesome. It has some nice wagons included in the set with some nice animation features Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(07-26-2015, 04:15 AM)ripley802 Wrote: Does shipping usually take awhile with orders? Also does anyone know how the shipping works? Meaning at checkout it said ¥4000. Is that an estimate or the actual cost?

First of all Hobby Search offers different types of mail option. If you choose the one with tracking, they will get to you faster. The drawback is the extra cost associated with the tracking number. If the checkout said ¥4000, then that is your actual shipping cost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
(07-27-2015, 12:27 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: First of all Hobby Search offers different types of mail option. If you choose the one with tracking, they will get to you faster. The drawback is the extra cost associated with the tracking number. If the checkout said ¥4000, then that is your actual shipping cost.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I was going to choose the other cheaper option but it mentioned sometimes things get lost through this option more. There were several things so. I suppose that is fair. Thanks again for the reply and clarifixation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
Some nice trains Ripley!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Got my delivery today. Very excited to open them. I was a bit disappointed in the Rocky/Percy thinking that rocky would be motorized but I should have read the description better. Still is very cool. The HIRO set is very neat. I will definitely order in the future.

[Image: 2901B4C7-3B6D-421E-A189-79641766BD2F_zps92tlq6vb.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, Nigels, sunhuntin, Super
Awesome buys Ripley!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(08-04-2015, 12:52 AM)Super Wrote: Awesome buys Ripley!

Thanks Super. I must say I was skeptical of the site at first but upon recommendation from others here I thought I would give it a try. Great experience overall too. If there are others out there looking to purchase from the site I would reccomend it. This was my first purchase from Japan, and first of many I hope.
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins, Super
i have been using HobbySearch for over 4 years and have nothing but joy from their service It is great to see others take advantage of this wonderful merchant!
[-] The following 2 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, sunhuntin
(08-04-2015, 05:36 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: i have been using HobbySearch for over 4 years and have nothing but joy from their service It is great to see others take advantage of this wonderful merchant!

Wow it must be good Tuesday!!Big Grin
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Gerisplarail1