Only in Japan (Thomas x Bus hybrid)

7 Replies, 8787 Views

Only in Japan could anyone have ever thought that this was a good idea!

[Image: %24_12.JPG]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
Hehehe, yeah I saw that listed on Amazon (I think) recently and burst out laughing when I saw it. How weird eh? Mind you it would never surprise me to find out it is modelled on a real 'van/bus/lorry (delete as appropriate)' that exists somewhere in Japan Smile

Whatever next? A Thomas themed jet aircraft maybe? Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
Yep, here it is.

[Image: 9673e2c8.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like jdogman's post:
  • chrisjo, Nigels, ROCKINATOR, sunhuntin, Super
LOL...I never would have guessed that the Tomica Thomas Bus model was actually real. Thanks Jdogman. How cool is that for a child to ride in. Wonder if they rent it out for parties. It would also make a great catering truck for parties or Fairs. Blue Thomas Cotton Candy anyone?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Nice idea the real one, kids must love it, but even on the real thing they haven't been able to get the 'splash things' above the front wheels - what's the betting the people who did the conversion based it on a revolutions model ROTFL Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
i have one of those buses. bought to go on the n scale layout when its done. should look pretty good i think. had no idea it was based on a real vehicle though... that just makes it even cooler!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
it looks like a modified Toyota coaster bus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
(07-28-2015, 09:27 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: i have one of those buses. bought to go on the n scale layout when its done. should look pretty good i think. had no idea it was based on a real vehicle though... that just makes it even cooler!

That's a good pick-up!!
I've meant to get one since they were first released, but it somehow keeps getting pushed lower and lower on the "needs" list..lol
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • sunhuntin