Wartsilaone's Garden Railway

25 Replies, 27758 Views

Looks like our own Wartsilaone has been busy updating his Garden Railway from Plarail to HO or N scale, not sure what. It looks very neat but I wish the videos were longer to check out his great crafting as the detail looks great.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Blue Fancy Train
(08-07-2015, 03:40 PM)Super Wrote: Looks like our own Wartsilaone has been busy updating his Garden Railway from Plarail to HO or N scale, not sure what. It looks very neat but I wish the videos were longer to check out his great crafting as the detail looks great.

Amazing! wish I had that big enough space outside for my trainsBig Grin!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue Fancy Train's post:
  • Super
Sorry I've not been around for a while guys. As you can see, I thought it was time I had a serious go at having a garden railway that reflected how much I love the Shinkansen.

After experimenting with the blue plastic tracks outside I realised that something a bit more permanent was needed. The railway is still in it's infancy and it's changing rapidly, I'm currently adding a station so I won't go into too much detail at the moment.

I noticed my avatar has disappeared and I don't have the option to post photos so I can't show you anything more at this time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Wartsilaone's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins
Hi Wartsilaone [Image: welcome-back-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Glad to see you back. We had a forum snafu a while back that deleted everyone's Avatar. You can add it again. As for the pictures are you using PhotoBucket or some other Online storage site for your pictures and are you using a computer?
Looks like I'll have do some uploading to Photobucket....Back soon.
Like the new Avatar. Looks to be from your garden railway.
http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ferryf...Shinkansen
That is absolutely fantastic. I love your peaceful, relaxing yard. Your bride work is excellent. What is going on here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Major engineering work is taking place here to widen the base boards and install two passing loops, hopefully with enough room for a platform either side. This will allow me to get all my rolling stock out at once. Got to re align the track and superelevate the main through lines, install points for the platform loops. Perspex lids will eventually be added to protect the track from the rain and the falling leafs.
I love looking at the engineering aspects of train layout building and how it is constructed. I like those small awnings with the scenery photos behind the tracks. The ballast on the rails looks nice is that loose? Is the layout about 2 feet off the ground? Will love to see pictures or video of night running in that great yard of yours. Do you plan on have scale lighting too?