A Tomy Plarail Bus???

9 Replies, 9781 Views

I just love the surprise I get when coming across a Plarail train I have not seen before. This one is listed as a Bus I think. "out-of-print Sapporo City Transportation Bureau ☆ 3300" Recognize it?

MEMBERS ONLY PICTURES:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Tharazero1
Hi Super,

This is a Sapporo City Tram 3300 Series/Model.
Released in December 2006 as part of the "Rail Map" series of sets. It only comes with one car. In this case, the one numbered 3301.

The real train is in fact a tram (light rail). At the time of the release, the Sapporo City Railway line where this train runs is 8.5 km in length.

I hope this helps. Smile

-plarnold
[-] The following 3 users Like plarnold's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Tharazero1, Ucwepn
Not only do I get a kick out of being surprised when I come across a Tomy train I never seen before, I also get a kick in learning about the history of it, many thanks Plarnold. I must look into this "Rail Map" Series a bit more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
I have Moha 50 from the railmap series and just love it!
[-] The following 2 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Can't seem to find that one on your web page. Is it in the first picture in the Passenger Section Rail Map Iyo Railway Line Set http://myplaraildepot.weebly.com/passenger-trains.html
(09-14-2015, 07:28 PM)Super Wrote: Can't seem to find that one on your web page. Is it in the first picture in the Passenger Section Rail Map Iyo Railway Line Set http://myplaraildepot.weebly.com/passenger-trains.html

yes sir I am about to undergo a huge site update and a new picture of the Moha 50 is part of that as well as over 50 new trains to be added to the site sorry about that, but yes that is the set in question
I have seen so many of those boxes listed in auctions but I would never look at them because I thought they were just a cardboard foldout with blue tracks stuck to it. I had no idea they had exclusive trains in them. Now that I know what the boxes look like I will have to take closer looks when I see them. Many thanks.
  • Gerisplarail1
here is another one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181089409875?ssP...Track=true
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Wow, thanks Leyland, that one didn't show up when I tried to search Ebay. I wonder how many different sets were in the Rail Map Series. By an awesome coincidence, right after viewing your link I happened to see this exact tram on the Japan Auctions....how cool is that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• Gerisplarail1
I don't really need the map. All I want is the streetcar!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super