Plarail EF 60

20 Replies, 20898 Views

I own a plarail EF 60 from 2010. Are they rare?
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
Are you talking about the EF 60-19? I am not an expert (we do have them here) but in my knowledge there are only two. A more common blue one that was found in several sets and a more harder to get white one that was released exclusively in one set. I don't think either one was released as an individual. Check out Gerisplarail1 web site where you can see just about all, if not all, the EF units. http://myplaraildepot.weebly.com/electri...rains.html
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, plarailfan
The EF 60 you have is most likely the blue version as it is not super common, but it is out of print now in the entire world and was never a standard release. The white version is quite rare. here are the ways the blue version was released from most common to most rare:

[Image: andi_zpszsbe3ffk.jpg]

[Image: ef60japan_zpsmtj2hqqp.jpg]

[Image: ef60loadandgo_zpslmgfp0tf.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • plarailfan
Thank you Geris

That first set is what we had first bought. It wasn't that long ago when Amazon was selling those sets from their warehouse. We also had made a deal to buy three new, engine only (loose) from Amber and Wayne in the UK. We got our White EF 6019 individually from PlarailMike but they can be found on the Japan Auctions for a reasonable price. Now getting the sets are a different story.

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Nigels, plarailfan
A picture just flashed through my brain of a tandem engine set that has a Blue EF 60 that couples in front of a green EF 60. Why do I see this? I know I have seen this maybe in a video too. Might this set be different EF units? An EF 63 perhaps? Please tell me I am not going loony....please?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(10-12-2015, 09:01 PM)Super Wrote: A picture just flashed through my brain of a tandem engine set that has a Blue EF 60 that couples in front of a green EF 60. Why do I see this? I know I have seen this maybe in a video too. Might this set be different EF units? An EF 63 perhaps? Please tell me I am not going loony....please?

yes EF 63
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Hurray...I am not going crazy...........yet! [Image: clapping-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Yes ot is the 60 19, but I got it from Tomica Hypercity Highway Pursuit set from around 2012. Here is a link.
(10-13-2015, 08:41 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: Yes ot is the 60 19, but I got it from Tomica Hypercity Highway Pursuit set from around 2012. Here is a link.

that link does not work

(10-14-2015, 11:41 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: that link does not work

just googled the set I had forgotten it also came with that set making it even less rare haha
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 11:43 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
Super, I have the same Ef 60 that ucwepn has, but not in that set.
Geri, sorry. Still working out the kinks.

Wait does that mean it's really rare, or just uncommon? By the way, I have the WHOLE ENTIRE set, from the track to the trees.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2015, 12:08 AM by ROKMAN1445.)