Fenbo / Do City Compatability?

3 Replies, 5442 Views

I'd appreciate hearing any opinions on how well Fenbo engines / trains run on blue plastic tracks.

There are one or two oblique references on here, and I've seen Sunhuntin's Santa Fe mod page. Anyone else with experience of these?
Can't say I've ever heard of the brand myself, where do they originate from? I'm assuming maybe the USA as they feature Santa Fe locos...

Ok, I had a check they are an outfit out of HK, should have guessed I suppose. If anyones interested there are three of their trains on offer on eBay.co.uk at the moment, Japanese commuter type trains.
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2015, 08:40 PM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Fenbo > DO city and Southward Toys are all marketing names that you may come across on ebay and other sites. Often, these can be found when you search for "Tomy Thomas" train, or "Thomas Trackmaster"
There was a Fenbo Austrian electric locomotive for sale on ebay UK, a few months ago, which caught my eye. There isn't much clearance underneath and it tends to get stuck on the Plarail stop / go tracks.
the coupling system on fenbo is different than tomy. One thing I like the them are their boggies. They look more realistic than tomy.

In case anybody is interested in Fenbo trains, check out the ebay post below:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fenbo-Orange-Red-...Swv0tVJXAH