Daiso Petit Trains

3 Replies, 5515 Views

Has anyone here ever heard of 'Daiso Petit Trains'? I was just idly browsing Pla-Rail on eBay and it threw up a related link to these.

They seem quite interesting and in fact look like they may be a similar scale and gauge as the older original Takara trains (i.e. before Tomy merged with Takara).

Things that are interesting is that the motorised part of the trains seem to be the centre car rather than the locomotive/head/tail and the cars themselves although looking to be smaller than Tomy Pla-rail actually have 4 wheels per bogey (i.e. 4 axle sets per car). This in itself is interesting to me as they are therefore somewhat more realistic than the Tomy versions.

Anyway they are reasonably priced it seems and there are some listed on eBay so I may get some just to try them out.

In the meantime there are some vids on you tube, for example this one;

Daiso Train

What do you other guys think? Mildly intrigued like I am? Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
I have almost the full set but only a couple of bits of track so I can't run them lol
I think I've explained this before but I will do it again just for Nigels! Big Grin

Petit Train is a Joint Venture between Toys R Us Japan and Daiso for these trains.

Everything in the series, trains, parts, scenery, tracks is the same price in Japan. Only the full sets with special trains are not the same price and are sold exclusively in Toys R Us in Japan.

They don't work well on Plarail tracks (if at all). They have smaller wheels.

-plarnold
Yet another thing Leokimvideo introduced me to.