Toby & Henrietta Stage 1

13 Replies, 17628 Views

I hate myself a ltitle bit for taking a risk with one of my newest and one of my only Japanese Plarail trains, but I decided last night to make a few changes on my Plarail Toby and Henrietta. I'll do more in the future, but I don't have that steady of a hand, and I'm out of red paint. I also hope to eventually get a face for Henrietta, if a new Wooden Railway release is ever possible.

In case you can't notice them, these are the changes:
  • Toby's running board has been changed from brown to blue
  • Toby's funnel has been painted black (with a little off-color cover-up on his roof of the black smudges that I couldn't remove around the edges)
  • Henrietta's bufferbeam has been changed from black to red

[Image: 01231611141_zpsdlbumqvl.jpg]
[Image: 0123161114a1_zpsd9mvvcqe.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • ripley802, ROKMAN1445, Super, Ucwepn
Nice ideas and work Miksolo. I think a face for Henrietta is a fantastic idea.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Miksolo
Amazing interpretation. Would love to see them run!
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Miksolo
(01-23-2016, 07:43 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: Amazing interpretation. Would love to see them run!

As soon as I get off my bunker and set up my GoPro, I'll make a video with them!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • Super
Bunker? I just redesigned my layout for a more branch line-like appeal. I bet Toby would look great there. Signal box will be done soon
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Miksolo

Here's the first run video! This is my third experience with real-life filming, and my first with Go-Pro, so it looks terrible, but it's the best I can do for now! I also made the left part of the layout out of brown track due to missing a female/female piece of blue track
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • Super
I really like the blue on Toby's running boards, and the red buffer beams are a great contrast to the stock look. On a side note I wanted to get the track crossover bridge but I thought the Thomas trains might hit it I used to have so much trouble with flora's stack always running into bridge girders, but it seems to clear Toby just fine.

Nice work!
[-] The following 1 user Likes anc6802's post:
  • Miksolo
Nice video Miksolo
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Miksolo
Not bad for a third video!
Use a "movie maker" system-like iMovie-to put together clips.
(01-24-2016, 03:46 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: Not bad for a third video!
Use a "movie maker" system-like iMovie-to put together clips.

I use Windows Movie Maker already, but I just recorded this as one clip. There was one other take before this one.