Is This New from Tomy???

14 Replies, 18086 Views

Oh boy! Check out the new curved track items that look to be a new release from Tomy (I think). Anyone seen these where you can buy them individually? I like them because they are different especially the curved bridge Big Grin.

[Image: 1_zps46033ce9.jpg]

[Image: 2_zps6069d3f7.jpg]

[Image: 12_zps0e61b73b.jpg]

[Image: _2_zps5b2f3bdf.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine
Yes pretty new, cute little set
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Hi Ucwepn

Yes it is a nice little set with 3 exciting new pieces but they are asking for a ridiculous amount of money. They have quite a few listed on Ebay but haven't seen a picture of the box yet. It looks as if that curved bridge might use a special blue curved track but I can't be sure. I got to get me some of those bridges. The color is pretty but I wish it would come in a more realistic color like brown or rust but I will take what I can get and maybe try some paint.

The curved train station and curved road crossing must be what was being offered for pre ordered at Hobby Search See the 2nd and 3rd listing but no bridge Undecided. Does anyone know what the number 1 on the list might be referring too? Eco Block Piers? They must be reusing numbers for their products which makes for some confusion. They call the Classification yard (#4 on list) the J-06 which is the old Hypercity Crossing Bridge. They call the new Curved Railroad Crossing J-20 which is an old mini pier and the new Curved Train Station is being called the J-26 which is the old Underground Subway Station. I wonder if Hobby Search has all those numbers wrong as it would seem they could call the new items anything else.

Oh well...I don't care what they call it just gimmie some of those bridges. [Image: happy-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hi Super if you havent got the curve set this post is about it is a wonderful set I had pre ordered it and got it for a good price (compared to ebay) from Hobbysearch. and on your product numbering concern I have the answer to that, I just need to go find the other site I typed it up and copy Paste it here.

Yes it is a nice little set with 3 exciting new pieces but they are asking for a ridiculous amount of money. They have quite a few listed on Ebay but haven't seen a picture of the box yet. It looks as if that curved bridge might use a special blue curved track but I can't be sure. I got to get me some of those bridges. The color is pretty but I wish it would come in a more realistic color like brown or rust but I will take what I can get and maybe try some paint.

The curved train station and curved road crossing must be what was being offered for pre ordered at Hobby Search See the 2nd and 3rd listing but no bridge Undecided. Does anyone know what the number 1 on the list might be referring too? Eco Block Piers? They must be reusing numbers for their products which makes for some confusion. They call the Classification yard (#4 on list) the J-06 which is the old Hypercity Crossing Bridge. They call the new Curved Railroad Crossing J-20 which is an old mini pier and the new Curved Train Station is being called the J-26 which is the old Underground Subway Station. I wonder if Hobby Search has all those numbers wrong as it would seem they could call the new items anything else.

Oh well...I don't care what they call it just gimmie some of those bridges. [Image: happy-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[/quote]
So you have the set already Gerisplarail1? So is that a special blue track on the curved bridge. And from an engineering standpoint you don't see many (if at all) curved bridges due to all the weight being transferred to the outside part of the curve. Is that a special yellow riser they are using to support the curve? Is it possible to share some close up pictures and the box?

I always check out Hobby Search and have signed up for some items to be notified when they are available but have yet to purchase anything. I do like their site but wish there were more pictures of the soon to be released items.
I will take close up pictures of the bridge assembled and apart.

So you have the set already Gerisplarail1? So is that a special blue track on the curved bridge. And from an engineering standpoint you don't see many (if at all) curved bridges due to all the weight being transferred to the outside part of the curve. Is that a special yellow riser they are using to support the curve? Is it possible to share some close up pictures and the box?

I always check out Hobby Search and have signed up for some items to be notified when they are available but have yet to purchase anything. I do like their site but wish there were more pictures of the soon to be released items.
[/quote]
Look forward to see what they are really like close up. Thanks

I must say that I don't understand Takara/Tomy's business plan when they offer the curved station and curved crossing for sale separately from the set but not the bridge by itself, I wonder why? Maybe they think that no one will buy the set!
This will take place of the old R-17
The old R-17 will now be available only as J-06
Tomy does this all the time when they add new trains and discontinue others, hence different trains having same catalog number, this also applies to track and scenery pieces.

So HobbySearch's catalog numbers are correct.

I must say that I don't understand Takara/Tomy's business plan when they offer the curved station and curved crossing for sale separately from the set but not the bridge by itself, I wonder why? Maybe they think that no one will buy the set!
Or it is a trial of the track part it really isnt that great of a bridge.
[/quote]
Ok Tomy...this all reminds me of... [Image: hit-himself-with-a-bat-smiley-emoticon.gif]

http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/Gerisa...d%20Bridge