spanish speaking percy?

16 Replies, 19863 Views

I got another lot of junk trains and i found a talking Percy, so I cleaned it up put it back together again and it started up and works great! But it speaks Spanish? I tried looking around and I couldn't find any info on it.

The tte wika page doesn't have a listing for his part number W6302, he has the maroon mail truck but its missing the battery cover, go figure.

Is he a rare train? I've never heard or seen one for sale in stores that doesn't speak English before.
[-] The following 2 users Like anc6802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Are you sure it's Spanish and not Japanese? Can you post a pic? Is it the maroon coal car missing it's black coal battery cover or is it an actual mail car?

(02-23-2016, 04:51 AM)anc6802 Wrote: I got another lot of junk trains and i found a talking Percy, so I cleaned it up put it back together again and it started up and works great! But it speaks Spanish? I tried looking around and I couldn't find any info on it.

The tte wika page doesn't have a listing for his part number W6302, he has the maroon mail truck but its missing the battery cover, go figure.

Is he a rare train? I've never heard or seen one for sale in stores that doesn't speak English before.
This?

(02-23-2016, 06:45 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Are you sure it's Spanish and not Japanese? Can you post a pic? Is it the maroon coal car missing it's black coal battery cover or is it an actual mail car?

This?
Or this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 06:48 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I'm unable to see your photos, but below are photos of him and his or what I call his mail truck.

He definitely is speaking Spanish, when you first turn him on he says "Hola soy Percy" its a male voice of someone who speaks in the proper accent, not a English person speaking Spanish. He says at least a half dozen phrases but my Spanish isn't the best.

[Image: temporary_1.jpg]
[Image: temporary.jpg]
[Image: temporary_2.jpg]

I can make a video this evening I'd anyone wants to hear it.

I guess taking a closer look, it does look like a coal tender, but it doesn't make sense seeing how Percy is a tank engine with his coal bin. Since he is a smaller tank engine, I thought they were only used for yard engine work and not meant for usage on a line. I better leave that so another post, I'm drifting off topic on my own thread lol
[-] The following 2 users Like anc6802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes please
Doesn't look to be a "tender" for Percy rather a coal car used for transporting coal but I can see how it would be confusing especially for children. Undecided
Personally I have not heard talk of a Spanish speaking Percy or any Thomas train friends. Interesting.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I'm pretty sure these must be the Latin American versions which would've been normal at the time of release. Not sure about other foreign versions existing, wouldn't it be great if there were members from other countries here?
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins
Even if they made the talking trains in other languages you would figure that someone would post something in the internet about finding one. Especially since the wiki pages for trackmaster doesn't even acknowledge any other language for speaking trains other than English and Japanese.

Here is a short video showing the phrases he speaks.

https://youtu.be/RF69C0NGOGU
[-] The following 3 users Like anc6802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
very cool!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Yes it is...I would have to assume that if there is a Percy, then there is most likely an accompanying Thomas out there too!!! ...Maybe even James. Nice that Spain is slightly nearer than Poland too!Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I emailed the guy I bought him from and he said it was part of a different lot he got from Craigslist, I was hoping he bought them new, oh well.. Now to find a battery cover...
[-] The following 1 user Likes anc6802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins