Some Help With Customs?

11 Replies, 17442 Views

I've finally created a checklist for collecting certain characters for my Thomas and Friends collection, and I even plan on making a few characters that haven't had Plarail or Trackmaster models from other models. I'm wondering if anyone knows any Plarail or Trackmaster trains suitable for making Pip and Emma, Bear, Barry, Derek, Daisy, and Logan. Logan I may make last of all my engines, as I may resort to making a small, unmotorized one with a 3D printer. For Daisy, I may just use Boco or Harvey's coach (like Z.M. Production's Daisy being made from Harvey's coach).
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Pip & Emma you would need to repaint this rare expensive gem.

For Derek I used a Plarail DD51 which has a similar shape

[Image: 20140413_220334_LLS.jpg]
(02-24-2016, 08:55 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: Pip & Emma you would need to repaint this rare expensive gem.

For Derek I used a Plarail DD51 which has a similar shape
Just how rare is the Intercity 125? I could've sworn I googled and binged it a while back, and couldn't find any information or pictures of a Plarail Intercity 125. Hopefully the price isn't too steep. As for Logan, and maybe Derek, my science teacher said I'd be allowed to use his 3D printer to make some of my trains and tracks. Logan is going to be unmotorized.

How does Arthur's smokebox, Henry's boiler and firebox, Murdoch's cab, and Hank's tender sound for Barry? The parts may be very expensive, but as long as it can be done, I'm okay with it. Some unspecific parts may simply be 3D-printed.
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016, 09:36 PM by Super.)
If you are just going to paint it you might as well go with the Kintetsu Urban Liner (on right in picture) as it is the exact same mold as the Virgin Express and used ones can be picked up on the Japan Auctions pretty cheaply. Of course you still have to add fees and shipping but it would still bee a lot cheaper than getting a hold of a rare Virgin Express and then painting it.

[Image: 005_zpsnq346phk.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(02-24-2016, 09:46 PM)Super Wrote: If you are just going to paint it you might as well go with the Kintetsu Urban Liner (on right in picture) as it is the exact same mold as the Virgin Express and used ones can be picked up on the Japan Auctions pretty cheaply. Of course you still have to add fees and shipping but it would still bee a lot cheaper than getting a hold of a rare Virgin Express and then painting it.

I don't know many auction sites other than Jauce, and I can't find one there, eBay, nor Amazon. :c
Amateur voice actor
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016, 09:58 PM by Super.)
A lot of times they are included in listings along with other trains. I have had numerous ones but unfortunately I have sold them all, including the one that we got just for our collection.
(02-24-2016, 10:02 PM)Super Wrote: A lot of times they are included in listings along with other trains. I have had numerous ones but unfortunately I have sold them all, including the one that we got just for our collection.

I see. I guess I'll have to keep my eye on that, too. Hopefully Mom won't mind paying for all of the other stuff in those purchases, too..
Anyway, what would be a decent basis for Bear or Fergus, if any?
Amateur voice actor
(02-24-2016, 09:46 PM)Super Wrote: If you are just going to paint it you might as well go with the Kintetsu Urban Liner (on right in picture) as it is the exact same mold as the Virgin Express and used ones can be picked up on the Japan Auctions pretty cheaply. Of course you still have to add fees and shipping but it would still bee a lot cheaper than getting a hold of a rare Virgin Express and then painting it.

I'm still having no luck with finding the Kintetsu Urban Liner Plus. I've found plenty of NEXTs, but the only Pluses are on amazon.co.uk for over 190 pounds, and i don't know if it would ship to the U.S. anyway.
Amateur voice actor
Patience, may take you a while to find something in your price range.
(02-28-2016, 05:30 AM)Super Wrote: Patience, may take you a while to find something in your price range.

If only I knew how to use the Japan auction sites. x.x
Amateur voice actor