30 Replies, 27033 Views

Hi,

Has anyone seen this yet?

Plarail Limited Edition Yoshitsune

It seems to be limited to the museum.

-plarnold
[-] The following 3 users Like plarnold's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, ripley802
[Image: wow-smiley-emoticon.gif] OMG!!! I want it, Looks to be a full sized one rather than the last version which was the smaller. Thank you for the heads up Plarnold. It says in your link that he released on April 29th, which coincides with the grand opening of the museum so I take it that it will only be available directly from the store inside the Museum and not at any Online stores like Hobby Search. Its also hard to believe they managed to keep it a secret for so long in preparation for the grand opening, kudos to them. Please keep us informed if you hear anything more. WOW! I love it!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Is this the original locomotive?

[Image: 300px-Otaru_Museum,_steam_locomotive_H._...-06-13.jpg]

The Plarail version looks perfect for converting into a typical American steamer.
Oh heck yes!!
NOTHING is more beautiful...must have.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
But how will we get it?! ;w;
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Unless I am seeing the wrong ones FromJapan has some listings:

http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/item/search/?...romlang=en

Or Jauce:
http://www.jauce.com/auction/g176976029
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016, 09:00 PM by Super.)
I saw this a couple of days ago on Jauce, but had kept quiet in the hope of bagging one before Super wet himself and went and bought them all lol!!

But unfortunately the two I saw go up I missed the auctions due to work getting in the way (grrrrr) and somewhat silly prices on the first couple.

Having said that one 'shall be mine' before too long Smile

or at least I hope so Big Grin

One question, what's with the 'middle' wheel being moulded so much higher than the two drive wheels?!? Makes it look very odd...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016, 08:58 PM by Nigels.)
(05-04-2016, 08:57 PM)Nigels Wrote: I saw this a couple of days ago on Jauce, but had kept quiet in the hope of bagging one before Super wet himself and went and bought them all lol!!

Won't matter, I am a big boy...I wear adult diapers just for these circumstances where I can't help myself

Quote: One question, what's with the 'middle' wheel being moulded so much higher than the two drive wheels?!? Makes it look very odd...

Just added realism to show the six wheels as its a 2-6-0 configuration. The first Plarail release did not have a middle wheel most likely because the model was too short. The reason for the wheel lifted like that is so it doesn't impede with its rolling on the track at least that is what I think. Most all the Plarail steamers has a faux middle wheel. I believe that there is only one or two of these type models with a working middle wheel but I am not sure exactly which. Maybe Murdoch and or Gordon?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I love that yoshitsune, but hate that middle wheel, it's the same on the (new version) c12 and the biwako - the biwako doesn't bother me so much as the wheels are obscured by tanks, but those middle wheels are a real pet hate of mine!
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016, 09:22 PM by Tramp.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tramp's post:
  • Nigels
(05-04-2016, 09:21 PM)Tramp Wrote: I love that yoshitsune, but hate that middle wheel, it's the same on the (new version) c12 and the biwako - the biwako doesn't bother me so much as the wheels are obscured by tanks, but those middle wheels are a real pet hate of mine!

My thoughts too, I can understand/accept it on things such as the Chuggington range as they are meant to just be toys, but with the real PlaRail models I would expect them to either model it with a real 3rd axle or if they can't do that just do it with two working ones and forget the 3rd as it just looks 'weird' and too toy like. I mean I know they are meant to be toys, but at the same time they are on that line just between toys and scale models IMHO...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin