De-facing idea

9 Replies, 8187 Views

I don't know if anyone has done this, but there are a lot of really cool vintage buttons that are the perfect size to use for de-facing...just an idea.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Nigels, ripley802
Are those Jeans buttons? I like the looks of that. Great idea Muddy, really can make a mod one of a kind for sure. Whose smokebox is that?

Just been browsing around Ebay for buttons and there are some fantastic looking metal ones. I am surely going to incorporate this idea into a future de-face mod. Thanks Muddy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Thanks Super Smile I'm not sure what the button came from, but I'm pretty sure it's Thomas' smoke box.
(05-09-2016, 04:27 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Thanks Super Smile I'm not sure what the button came from, but I'm pretty sure it's Thomas' smoke box.

Here's some dandies!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802, Super
Is the pictured one yours Muddy?
If you mean the one that I'm holding? Yes.
The group photo was from eBay.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I really like the one you have. That red band really makes it pop and who knows, Mackintosh could be a nice fictitious name for a boiler company. I have to try to find what that company is and where the button comes from.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
You could maybe also use either beer bottle tops or the tops off champagne bottles (they often have a small metal top on the cork) Smile

Better still how about a pound/euro coin? They are about the right size and have some interesting designs on them Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
A boiler in the shape of a beer bottle laying down with its cap the smokebox door...hmmm [Image: thinking-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Some beer bottle caps have nice designs Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin