Do You Have a Rare Scenery Piece?

12 Replies, 13968 Views

Do you have a rare or hard to find Scenery or Accessory Layout Piece?

While re-engineering our layout I was thinking about rare or hard to find pieces and what is our rarest. I have come to the conclusion that even though we have several hard to find pieces our rarest has to be the gray Transfer Station. I have only seen this a few times on the Japan Auctions and consider myself lucky to get one after losing out on a couple previously listed. Just had to have it because of our conversion from blue to gray tracks our standard blue Transfer Station looked out of place, I wish I knew what get this came from. Wonder why they went to the trouble of making a gray one but did not make the entering and exiting tracks in gray. But I will take what we can get. At one point I thought our long radius curved gray elevated rails were the rarest but this station beats those out.

What about you? Do you have something rare or just maybe something that was hard to find for you or something you are still looking for to put in your layout?

[Image: 003_zpsljbncmqt.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, DalaGStanator, ripley802
Does it maybe come from the same set that has the elevated grey 'Y' pieces?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
I don't think so Nigels. These are special to the Transfer Stations as it permanently switches the train to one side depending on which way it enters the Station. It would be a huge collision and mayhem will ensue if one train smashed into one waiting for passengers....Oh the devastation and many PlaKid lives would be lost.
Oh right, I never knew it was that clever Smile Nice piece of kit then by the sound of things. So what does one train come in from say the left and wait on a platform and the other come in from the right then they release each other or do you release them manually? Otherwise you could have a nice head on smash with the loss of even more plastic lifeforms Smile

Could you just use it with two straight pieces of track on each side? Although then I guess you may as well use a station with two stop tracks instead? Although I'm assuminng you could exted the platform length with extra straights and a platform of some sort?
Here is a YouTuber that configures the best examples of what you can do with multiple Automatic Transfer Station. He has other videos with the Transfer Station in it. Its a wonder he doesn't have any crashes. They are timed perfectly but I wonder how many crashes he hid have before he got it right. And below that is our own Ucweps unboxing and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPpORs_3kKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM8jLGhSfxE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1HszqUstIU

those vids made me buy three transfer stations.
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • sunhuntin
i love the transfer stations, but have learned to put it at the back of a layout while doing displays. many times i had well meaning kids [or worse, their parents... grrrr] "save" the "stuck" engine, causing head ons and mayhem amongst the lego minifigs. they find it hard to run away from a train falling off an elevated track.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(05-14-2016, 08:13 PM)ActionChugger Wrote: those vids made me buy three transfer stations.

Just now???

(05-14-2016, 08:39 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: i love the transfer stations, but have learned to put it at the back of a layout while doing displays. many times i had well meaning kids [or worse, their parents... grrrr] "save" the "stuck" engine, causing head ons and mayhem amongst the lego minifigs. they find it hard to run away from a train falling off an elevated track.

That sure makes sense.
(05-14-2016, 08:48 PM)Super Wrote: Just now???
lol no. About 2+ years ago.
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2016, 11:11 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
You seen this super?

Toys r Us ltd set - transfer station and load/unload station Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super