ROKMAN1445's artistic side

7 Replies, 7129 Views

Yep, I'm an artist, but not a big one. So far, I have created 2 characters-Ringo, a 2-6-2T that looks like old shape Henry, and an unnamed character, a Bo-Bo electric diesel- for my fictional railway, which also has no name. There will be another few characters. The unnamed Bo-Bo electric will be posted around 5/24. Give me some suggestions
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super
For a Bo-Bo how about Bobby Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(05-22-2016, 05:04 PM)Nigels Wrote: For a Bo-Bo how about Bobby Big Grin

I like that name, but I don't think that such a name was common in the 1930-50's, as my fictional railway takes place in that time period.
Oh, it was in the UK mate, why do you think the nickname for a British police man is to call them a 'Bobby'? This was due to the original police force being setup by one Robert Peel and Bob/Bobby is short for Robert. So the name Bobby has been in use in the UK literally for centuries and still is Smile
Another error on my part, but this is a Southern New England railroad, along the coastline.
Ah, ok, well I can't speak for you yankees Wink
That's okay. Any locomotives? Ringo is freelanced, just an fyi
I've designed a few freelance locos before; one on paper and some in Lego Digital Designer. I don't know if they would work in real life, but I can explain a few (only because I can't remember all of them, as the LDD models are on my old computer and I really don't like using it.)

I'll try to include better descriptions and pictures later!

The one I drew was a small 2-2-4T stirling single saddle tank engine (I don't even know if those are things in real life!)

I also made a 4-4-4T tank engine with sloped side tanks and a very large boiler and firebox, and a cowcatcher in front. The coal bunker in this one is nearer to the tanks and firebox.

There's also a sort of GWR 14xx and J50 hybrid and a shunter diesel based on Salty, but symmetrical (the distance between the cab and either bufferbeam is the same). Another engine is probably one that definitely won't work in real life I simply called Cyril: he's a 4-4-0 that I really tried to make look pretty, but his cylinders are above his running plate and the side rods reach out too far to be safe in real life.
These engines I just make up as I go along with the drawing/building and are totally for fun.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)