What would you want to see in plarail?

10 Replies, 8836 Views

So we all know that most of the real (as in non-thomas) trains that are made into plarail trains are Japanese (shinkansens, commuter trains, etc), but what if they made models of real trains from around the world? I know in the past they made an amtrak train, a tgv, and a eurostar, but imagine if they made models of other types of trains from around the world.

Basically what are some real life trains that you'd like to see made into plarail? Engines that I wish they would make are N&W 611, CP 2929, the UP's M10,000, and perhaps a big boy.

What do you guys want to see?
[-] The following 4 users Like plarailandponiesfan's post:
  • ActionChugger, DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
a big boy would be amazing to see, but would require a complete new, longer chassis i think.

i would love to see some of the new zealand steamers, especially something like JA1271, or a WAB. an Ab would be a dream come true, as one has been named Passchendaele in honor of the railways staff that gave their lives in the war.

http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/j...f-run.html
http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/j...-ride.html
http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/-...daele.html

for diesel, i know a young friend of mine would be in 7th heaven if they released DA1431
http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/d...-2016.html
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • DalaGStanator
What about other fictional trains besides characters from Thomas and Chuggington? Little Engine That Could (not specifically Tillie), Titfield Thunderbolt, Ivor the Engine, Polar Express, Hogwarts Express, Casey Jr... There are literally endless choices that shouldn't be missed because they'd be gone from stores very shortly and, therefore, become real Shlagers and/or rare, collectable items.

However, I do agree about the lack of international diversity being a letdown. If they did put more effort into acquiring railway company licenses and broadening their overall scope and approach, it might be a wonderful and very financially successful way to introduce Plarail and/or Plarail Advance in these railways' countries in case they never heard of it.
I'd like to see some british outline steamers, I'm sure they would go down a hit with the japanese market as well as worldwide if available. Things like the A3 (aka Flying Scotsman), A4 (Mallard), Coronation Class, the list is endless and could easily use the existing chassis and in some cases they almost have the bodies as well, after all Gordon is all but an A3, Spencer is an A4, I'm sure they could easily replicate the others as well...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, Ucwepn
Mostly British with a few nice American steam and diesel locos
I would also like to see a few modern American engines and rolling stack, along with a few British locomotives, like Class 20, Class 37, Class 45, and a Class 43.

I can think of a few current/past Plarail examples that could serve for customs: DD14 for Class 20, EastI for Class 43.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I certainly can't disagree with any suggestions here. What I would like to is for them to continue there current path of Japanese trains but do one Limited Release a year featuring a train from a different country. Something unusual or different with no country being repeated. With the limited production and discontinuing after a year would instantly make them a collectors piece.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
(07-17-2016, 08:00 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: What about other fictional trains besides characters from Thomas and Chuggington? Little Engine That Could (not specifically Tillie), Titfield Thunderbolt, Ivor the Engine, Polar Express, Hogwarts Express, Casey Jr... There are literally endless choices that shouldn't be missed because they'd be gone from stores very shortly and, therefore, become real Shlagers and/or rare, collectable items.

However, I do agree about the lack of international diversity being a letdown. If they did put more effort into acquiring railway company licenses and broadening their overall scope and approach, it might be a wonderful and very financially successful way to introduce Plarail and/or Plarail Advance in these railways' countries in case they never heard of it.

Yeah that's a good idea, Little Engine that Could would be interesting, Casey Jr would be too, as would Polar and Hogwarts Express. I don't know much about Ivor or the Thunderbolt, but they could work.

Honestly I think the reason Tomy doesn't make a lot of international engine is because they are a japanese company, and japan is there first concern. Though it would be interesting.

(07-17-2016, 09:36 AM)Nigels Wrote: I'd like to see some british outline steamers, I'm sure they would go down a hit with the japanese market as well as worldwide if available. Things like the A3 (aka Flying Scotsman), A4 (Mallard), Coronation Class, the list is endless and could easily use the existing chassis and in some cases they almost have the bodies as well, after all Gordon is all but an A3, Spencer is an A4, I'm sure they could easily replicate the others as well...

Funny you should mention Flying Scotsman, Trackmaster made a model of him to tie into The Great Race, it even has two tenders. However its a thomas style version of him, but it could be modded to look like the real engine.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2016, 06:10 AM by plarailandponiesfan.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarailandponiesfan's post:
  • DalaGStanator
If I still used these regularly I would want to see an LMS Johnson 3f.
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I would like them to make a Dolbeer Steam Donkey!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile