front coupling steam engine?

7 Replies, 5329 Views

anyone seen this before? Big Grin

http://www.jauce.com/auction/k226206237
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • , ActionChugger, Ucwepn
Not really. I haven't really been familiar with non-Thomas plarail.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 10:25 AM by Super.)
That's interesting. I wonder if it's meant to go forwards and backwards? Am largely unfamiliar with non-Thomas Plarail, but there was a Thomas item which featured a coupling on the front which could go forwards and back... maybe this follows the same principle?

Also, all the D51's there make me excited for no discernible reason
[-] The following 1 user Likes WoodWheel92's post:
  • sunhuntin
I never knew about it. I'm not sure if it's anything like the Thomas from that set Ucwepn had, but I hope it is. Imagine it being hooked up to rolling stock at the front and pushing/pulling it like a shunting engine, or being used as a 'banker' on a normal train.
My guess would be that C-56-150's front hook is a mod as I have not seen a released one before but that doesn't mean I have missed one. Without the benefit of more pictures its hard to tell. If you look real close you can see the on/off switch on its roof so its not a tandem, dummy steam engine which, off the top of my head, was only two. The C-12 (tank) and C-62 (tendered)
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
There is the train set that has the snow clearing thingie on the front of the train, is this maybe something similar? The other odd thing is it seems somewhat shorter in the body and tender to the other examples in the picture. Is it maybe a PlaRail 'compatible' model made by someone else?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Its a Plarail Nigels I have bought about 6 or seven of these just to get that great looking coach that is easily modified with a working rear coupling.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I thought it probably was, just I'm no expert on these (yet) as you know lol
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super