Latest From Japan

16 Replies, 15003 Views

Well they say things come in batches, so today I have two packages turn up, one from Jauce, the other From Japan. Typical lol!

As you can imagine there's quite a bit of stuff so I won't list it all here, some can come along in some subsequent posts. But I will mention I received a 'Peach' Nankai Rapi:t, Translucent Blue Nankai Rapi:t, a Silver motor/mid-car Nankai Rapi:t, a Gold trailing car Nankai Rapi:t, a std Blue Nankai Rapi:t and a part one. See a pattern here? Smile The latter standard ones are destined for re-painting/customising to make a full blown 6 car length Star Wars Nankai Rapi:t. I've been busy collecting the graphics to create my own water-slide transfers and will be airbrushing it black gloss like the real thing. I've yet to decide how to 'glaze' the windows so any ideas let me know...

However parking that for now as that won't happen for a few weeks yet, here's some of some of the other big consignment I received. Some Thomas Capsule Trains, rolling stock and trackside bits and bobs. I should add this is just a small number of the ones I've received, but not had the time to go through the whole lot of yet. In no particular order;

[Image: DSC_1038.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1039.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1040.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1041.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1042.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1043.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1044.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1045.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1046.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1047.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1048.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1049.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1050.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1051.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1052.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1053.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1054.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1055.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1056.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1057.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1058.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1059.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1060.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1061.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1062.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 07:32 PM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 6 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, sunhuntin, Super
Very cool Nigel. They have some really nice capsule stuff but for me that would mean buying a whole new range which would be bad for th wallet.. Haha. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Rapit. I am still looking for the translucent which I have seen a few but haven't snapped one up as well as the gold one. Nice haul.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Nigels, Super
This thread is worthless without a video! LOL Big Grin
I had to do it ya know!

But nice new collection! Exclamation
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like ActionChugger's post:
  • Nigels, ripley802, Super
I think we need to change your name to the Rapit King
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Nigels, ripley802
Very nice haul, the 90's taught me to love anything that's transparent with glitter. Thought about starting a capsule collection while I was over there, but funds were low and I wanted to focus on regular Plarail.
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like sinkillerj's post:
  • Nigels, ripley802, Super
Amazing! all i got from those machines was Annie and James. (which i have lost) I got them when i was at Wet n' wild world in oz.
[-] The following 2 users Like MunchJrTrains's post:
  • Nigels, Super
(09-20-2016, 09:27 PM)ActionChugger Wrote: This thread is worthless without a video! LOL Big Grin
I had to do it ya know!

But nice new collection! Exclamation

I'd miss it if you didn't lol!!

Maybe there will be a video at some point in the coming weeks as I've now got enough track to get a layout running. I've also got the motorised Shinkansens to show off Smile

(09-20-2016, 09:39 PM)Super Wrote: I think we need to change your name to the Rapit King

No worries there I just love that train, best part is if I get to go to Tokyo in the next year or three I will get to ride the real one Big Grin

(09-20-2016, 09:43 PM)sinkillerj Wrote: Very nice haul, the 90's taught me to love anything that's transparent with glitter. Thought about starting a capsule collection while I was over there, but funds were low and I wanted to focus on regular Plarail.

I like the capsule because of their size and the detail level, its like having Thomas Mini's+ also some nice motorised (as opposed to wind up) shinkansens to be had, a job lot of which I've to go through yet Big Grin

(09-20-2016, 10:57 PM)MunchJrTrains Wrote: Amazing! all i got from those machines was Annie and James. (which i have lost) I got them when i was at Wet n' wild world in oz.

To be fair, without the Jauce auctions I wouldn't have a chance to get any over here, they very rarely appear on eBay UK and when they do the price is prohibitive to say the least.

Still I will have some duplicates among the ones I've received yesterday so the question will be is there anyone on here who would like to trade or do I sell them on eBay for a nice price Big Grin

(09-20-2016, 09:26 PM)ripley802 Wrote: Very cool Nigel. They have some really nice capsule stuff but for me that would mean buying a whole new range which would be bad for th wallet.. Haha. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Rapit. I am still looking for the translucent which I have seen a few but haven't snapped one up as well as the gold one. Nice haul.

I'm intending to send you a red cross parcel sometime soon, I'm pretty sure there could be some samples of these included - don't see why I should be the only one who is penniless Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 08:04 PM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Ok, well still sorting through the last mammoth lot, but to whet your appetite here's a few more pics, this time some Tomy Takara capsule engines and scenery pieces from the 'real world';

[Image: DSC_1064.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1065_1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1066.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1067.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1068.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1069.jpg]
That is a very kewl aquarium tunnel.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yeah there's also a tank as well with a dolphin/seal in it which I forgot to picture. Personally I like the cute little penguin Big Grin