Tomy Disney (Japan) Set - in box

13 Replies, 10965 Views

My "vintage" Tomy Disney set arrived today. Very cool set and in awesome condition. It looks like it has never been used. Stickers are intact, signs taped in the box, trees and characters in their bags. The one center piece with the hippo looks like maybe it was used but still in mint condition. I was planning on using it in my Christmas layout soon but not sure I want to now.. I am even tempted to leave the tain intact in the box as I won an auction from Japan for the red Disney Resort "western River"? Train.

Anyway here are a few pics. Let me know if anyone would like additional ones. Also if anyone has a translation on the name that would be great. I know this one is the No. 2 and the post Muddy made awhile back had the No. 1 set but did not see a name for it.
Related post: http://www.blueplastictracks.com/showthr...Disney+set

[Image: 3241D5BB-BC6A-4FFE-95A2-4A3A17DBC485_zpszmj46dpc.jpg]
[Image: A6B87007-950A-4FCE-8E67-596E979FBD42_zpsdb6x08zl.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like ripley802's post:
  • ActionChugger, Nigels, sunhuntin, Super
That set is beautiful Ripley, nice purchase
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
It is very nice
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
I know what you mean about this sort of situation, you get something really neat like this, want to play with it but at the same time know you may never see another in the same condition again. What a bind Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(10-04-2016, 08:16 AM)Nigels Wrote: I know what you mean about this sort of situation, you get something really neat like this, want to play with it but at the same time know you may never see another in the same condition again. What a bind Smile

Yep, exactly..Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
Having thought about it I think I would seal it up, wrap it in bubble wrap and put it in a nice cool/dark closet somewhere and play with the other one you got coming Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(10-04-2016, 09:17 AM)Nigels Wrote: Having thought about it I think I would seal it up, wrap it in bubble wrap and put it in a nice cool/dark closet somewhere and play with the other one you got coming Big Grin

Yeah that's what I may do. I would like you use the station and feature piece but at the same time the stickers need applied which may or may not hurt the collector value. Cool

Decisions... Decisions... Huh
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Nigels, Super
This is the other set I won.
[Image: kz_papa-img500x375-1474991088kcwteu15309.jpg]

Still waiting on it to ship though.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Nigels, Super
Boooo! No Fun! They deserved to be opened and played!

It is not a million dollar car! Tongue Heck I would still drive it if it was rare!

But that is your call Big Grin
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ActionChugger's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(10-04-2016, 11:05 AM)ActionChugger Wrote: Boooo! No Fun! They deserved to be opened and played!

It is not a million dollar car! Tongue Heck I would still drive it if it was rare!

But that is your call Big Grin

Lol.. Yeah I see that side of it too. But when I sell it to you in a few years you want it to be in top condition right?... HahaBig Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super