HD300

17 Replies, 14381 Views

bought one of these Pla KF-02 HD300 hybrid locomotive (japan import)

[Image: 61k4_P2f_oc_L_SL1100.jpg]

it takes an aa battery, not the larger LR14 that i was used to. single speed.

my other train is a * Hypercity Rescue * Patrol Liner with two speeds

are most trains single speed please?
[-] The following 3 users Like bollard's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Nigels, ROKMAN1445
Nice little loco, add some cargo wagons and it will look superb.

Apart from the Shinkansens (bullet trains) most plarail are usually single speed - stop and go Smile

The Shinkansens usually have two speeds, normal and fast.

If you ever dip your toe in the water of PlaRail Advance you again only get 1 speed, but you do have the option of forward and reverse which can be handy Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • bollard, DalaGStanator
(10-11-2016, 09:00 PM)Nigels Wrote: Nice little loco, add some cargo wagons and it will look superb.

Apart from the Shinkansens (bullet trains) most plarail are usually single speed - stop and go Smile

The Shinkansens usually have two speeds, normal and fast.

If you ever dip your toe in the water of PlaRail Advance you again only get 1 speed, but you do have the option of forward and reverse which can be handy Smile

thank you - i'm still slightly puzzled though as i notice on videos that some trains go faster than others and not just the bullet trains.
Ahhh...the HD300 Hybrid, one of our favorites. It was advertised as coming with a new, high powered, motor and as you can see from Ucwepns first run video its a low speed, high powered motor like in real life. For the most part the two speed Plarail motors are in the Shinkansen's and Bullet trains however there are exceptions like the Yufuin no Mori and Asoboy to name a couple off the top of my head. Also for the most part the Diesel Freight type trains like your HD300 and the DD51 and DE10's are one speed as they aren't built for speed in real life. I think all the Plarail Steam engines are one speed although some are faster than others. A lot of the Plarail Commuter trains are coming out with the two speed motors now too. Hope this helps.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
thanks, yes, that is helpful. i noticed that some of the Plarail Commuter trains, or utilities as i have seen them called, are pretty nippy albeit one speed.

video interesting - see what you mean about low speed/pulling power, i didn't realise plarail mimicked realism to that extent.

also see that it is a new release, i didn't know that either.
Well, if you consider exactly 3 years ago a new release then yes. Released in Oct of 2013
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • bollard
(10-12-2016, 11:14 AM)Super Wrote: Well, if you consider exactly 3 years ago a new release then yes. Released in Oct of 2013

[Image: 61_J5y_Axwa_HL_SL1200.jpg]

is this one older please? it has the larger battery.
I am not sure of the original release date of the 851 which is the easiest of all the DD51's released by Tomy/Plarail to find, but just the fact that it uses a "C" sized battery would probably mean it is older than the HD300
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • bollard
MY review on the DD51:
Part 1: http://s1006.photobucket.com/user/plarai...sort=4&o=2
Part 2:
http://s1006.photobucket.com/user/plarai...sort=4&o=3
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2016, 10:13 PM by Super.)
Thanks Rok, well done!