Mighty Mac powered carriage

10 Replies, 13865 Views

I have one of these carriages, now its refusing to budge so needs a closer look. I was wondering if I can get it to run whether anyone has modified one? Could look like a railcar or tram at a pinch if repainted.
Any ideas??
I am not much into the Thomas characters so I am not sure which carriage you are talking about...have a picture?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Here you go (hopefully)

Attached Files
.jpg   mighty mac.jpg (Size: 9.16 KB / Downloads: 19)
Now I see. Doesn't even match does it. They just don't look like they go together do they. Are those stickers on the carriage for windows and doors or embossed with paint? Maybe a coat of paint to match the blue of the engine and use some red and yellow pin striping tape. Any red, Yellow or blue would look better than green in my opinion. Green just makes it look like it doesn't belong but I don't know if there is some significance to the show.
Hmm, I'm thinking of running it on its own as say a railcar. I will see if I can get it going now!!
Thanks for the response.
I misunderstood Undecided Maybe remove the front coupling and somehow make a windshield and headlights? or find a railcar shell cut the front and rear off and glue them on.
Sounds like a plan, I had a similar idea ( I have a few of these carriages) but I decided not to because I don't really like these carriages, they would look much better with cut out windows & doors rather than the painted ones they have!
Mighty Mac, the locomotive, was introduced to the show in Season 9's episode, "Mighty Mac"; the brothers hauled that coach filled with campers to the camping ground in the episode, hence why it is powered for these two. It is currently the only battery-powered narrow gauge railway coach previously manufactured by the TAKARA TOMY Corporation.

(05-16-2014, 05:33 PM)Super Wrote: Now I see. Doesn't even match does it. They just don't look like they go together do they. Are those stickers on the carriage for windows and doors or embossed with paint? Maybe a coat of paint to match the blue of the engine and use some red and yellow pin striping tape. Any red, Yellow or blue would look better than green in my opinion. Green just makes it look like it doesn't belong but I don't know if there is some significance to the show.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 2 users Like HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Super, Ucwepn
You sure know your stuff HankAmericanEngine. Thanks
You're welcome. Although I am a large fan of Thomas & Friends, I'm very much a larger rail enthusiast when it comes to locomotives, rolling stock, stories, and information regarding any of them.

(05-16-2014, 10:36 PM)Super Wrote: You sure know your stuff HankAmericanEngine. Thanks
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Ucwepn