Winged Thomas?!

16 Replies, 19858 Views

Hey everyone, Devious Red Diesel here!

I was browsing around on the thomas trackmaster wiki (as you do Smile ) and came across a new great race item to come out 2017: Winged Thomas!

http://thomastrackmaster.wikia.com/wiki/Winged_Thomas

It looks really cool, and quite interesting! Annie and Clarabel are Blue, and Thomas (well, he's usually blue) has these wings that can pop out!

I personally think it is cool, but have kinda missed the boat on Trackmaster Revolution, i'm not really a fan of how small the rolling stock is AND those geared tires, as well as how not every engine works with each set. Mind you, I never got into Trackmaster classic either, i'm more of a TOMY era fan Big Grin

What are your thoughts on this bizarre train?
There is a winged Thomas in the PlaRail Capsule range Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
He looks much like those exploding ones released not to long ago.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • gmeehanfilms
It's a NO from me, it would hit too many trackside obstacles and it reminds me too much of cars and Lightning Mcqueen in particular. Too much about Thomas as a franchise is heading in that direction sadly.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, gmeehanfilms, Super
It's not from The Great Race. It's based on the episode "The Other Side of the Mountain". I know, because I watched The Great Race and there's not one scene where he looks like that.
Yea I cant remember the exact episode, but its based on a old day dream Thomas had. The dream sequence from the Great Race is the streamlined version of him.
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
I do remeber a sequence with percy becoming a rollercoaster, but im not sure about flying thomas!

I know this item is made to tie in with the new special coming out with the rail plane.
Sincerely SodorBricks

This is pretty much what happens when you take Thomas and Jay Jay the Jet Plane.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator
There was an episode from the "New Series" (seasons 8-12) that this is probably based on. I don't know which one but there was a dream sequence for a few seconds in which Thomas was dressed like an airplane, and wearing a pilot's cap and goggles, although now that I've written that I realized I am wrong, but I'm posting it anyway!

I just remembered that in the season 19 episode, On the Other Side of the Mountain, there's a dream sequence with Thomas with airplane wings. Later on in the episode there's a crash that's so ridiculous that a winged Thomas seems as average as having breakfast!
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 2 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, gmeehanfilms
(11-10-2016, 03:05 AM)Miksolo Wrote: There was an episode from the "New Series" (seasons 8-12) that this is probably based on. I don't know which one but there was a dream sequence for a few seconds in which Thomas was dressed like an airplane, and wearing a pilot's cap and goggles, although now that I've written that I realized I am wrong, but I'm posting it anyway!

I just remembered that in the season 19 episode, On the Other Side of the Mountain, there's a dream sequence with Thomas with airplane wings. Later on in the episode there's a crash that's so ridiculous that a winged Thomas seems as average as having breakfast!

Yes! That must be it! I have been looking at screenshots of the episode you mentioned on the Thomas the Tank Engine wikia, and here's the image I found!
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/The_Other_Sid...ain122.png