Still downsizing... (NOT....)

17 Replies, 16203 Views

Ok.. so in my defense here, I initially had no plans on buying either of these. I saw one and was watching it, but figured I could not get it for a good price and also figured someone would snap it up pretty fast. The other was pure impulse because I never managed to acquire one of these when I was collecting the Trackmaster items. Bother of these averaged out to be about $35 each, so not a bad deal at all in my mind. (Sorry for the bad Pics, these are from the eBay listings.)

First up, Bumble Bee James:
[Image: 7D693683-A3DD-4C94-A1E0-43294A1AB0C2_zpsm9lwxl8r.jpeg]

And then we have James goes Buzz Buzz:
[Image: E2C1A2F1-C7F8-457C-9653-363937CA13E1_zpsmu2zxrht.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like ripley802's post:
  • ROKMAN1445, sunhuntin, Super, Ucwepn
Very nice pickups especially that new Bumble Bee James. A great start for your new collection. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
First, the official title is "Busy Bee", not "Bumblebee" (even though he looks like one). Why? In the episode ("The Green Controller"), Percy misinterpreted one of Lady Hatt's instructions to have James be "as busy as a bee" as having him be repainted like one. Speaking of which, I had no idea they released "Busy Bee" James in a HiT Toys box. Second, "James Goes Buzz Buzz" is based on a much older episode of the same name, which in turn was based on an actual Railway Series story named simply "Buzz, Buzz".
very nice pickups there. both quite hard to find in any state. i managed to find buzz buzz on ebay, but missed the HIT bumble bee james, though i do have the tomy one.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(12-16-2016, 12:47 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: First, the official title is "Busy Bee", not "Bumblebee" (even though he looks like one). Why? In the episode ("The Green Controller"), Percy misinterpreted one of Lady Hatt's instructions to have James be "as busy as a bee" as having him be repainted like one. Speaking of which, I had no idea they released "Busy Bee" James in a HiT Toys box. Second, "James Goes Buzz Buzz" is based on a much older episode of the same name, which in turn was based on an actual Railway Series story named simply "Buzz, Buzz".

In the USA, Buzz Buzz is in fact called "James Goes Buzz Buzz". Hope this clears this up Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802, Ucwepn
(12-17-2016, 12:48 AM)StarSwitcher07 Wrote: In the USA, Buzz Buzz is in fact called "James Goes Buzz Buzz". Hope this clears this up Smile

Hence why I said "of the same name". I meant to tell Ripley that it was based on an actual Railway Series story that was called simply "Buzz, Buzz", like the UK version of the episode.
I received both items today. I am a little confused on the Bumble Bee James. The packaging looks off from what the other looks like. Can anyone confirm this one looks correct? Just want to be sure it is not a fake or something..

[Image: 5E43665B-169C-4D94-8374-976BE71317AB_zpsbihu6v1q.jpg]

[Image: F666C754-97CE-43D5-B138-6025DFD6A13D_zpsyzrzplko.jpg]
I checked around and found this picture in a Yahoo search. Tried to find an unboxing video on YouTube but all I came up with is the Revolution and Tomy's.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802
(12-19-2016, 11:53 PM)Super Wrote: I checked around and found this picture in a Yahoo search. Tried to find an unboxing video on YouTube but all I came up with is the Revolution and Tomy's.

Thanks, Super. That doesn't look promising.. Undecided. Hoping maybe Muddy has this one in his collection someone else that physically has one, or maybe knows if there were different variations/releases.
it almost looks like they put him in a regular james box, though im not sure if regular james was released in a 3 pack? i never bothered with the repeat characters from HIT, just the repaints i could find.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • ripley802