TGV Box

8 Replies, 14104 Views

This is the first time I have seen an orange TGV train with a box. I always assumed this train came with a big set and not individually sold. Is it the same with the blue/silver TGV also?

http://www.jauce.com/auction/f135278466
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
The blue/silver TGV came in a red Tomica World box in the U.K. I am unsure on its box in Japan
Thanks Gerisplarail1

So the Tomica World box that the blue/silver TGV came in was a set or individual sale? I am going to have to look around as I would like to see that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
I have a strange tgv, it's red and has a james face and a bulky funnel with 1 other car with a 5, it came with a troublesome truck. I'm not sure where it came from or who makes or made it?', but it's tomy/trackmaster compatible. I found it with no plarail or trackmaster markings , just Chinese lettering

(05-21-2014, 09:22 PM)Trackmaster-Rail-Yard Wrote: I have a strange tgv, it's red and has a james face and a bulky funnel with 1 other car with a 5, it came with a troublesome truck. I'm not sure where it came from or who makes or made it?', but it's tomy/trackmaster compatible. I found it with no plarail or trackmaster markings , just Chinese lettering

I don't think it's licensed, as I haven't found one similar, but it's still fun and cool to have, espicially for video's Wink
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 09:29 PM by Trackmaster-Rail-Yard.)
Wow that jauce site has lots of really interesting stuff. Have you guys bought from it?
[-] The following 2 users Like Penybontshed's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Toys_Trains-Things
yes Penybontshed a lot of us use it quite a bit but be warned it can get expensive and addictive!

also Super the TGV was sold separately not as part of a set in the U.K. I will try to find a picture after I get done with work!
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 12:38 AM by Gerisplarail1.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super, Toys_Trains-Things
Thanks Gerisplarail1
Upon further research I had my TGV's backwards in my memory.
The silver TGV was Europe exclusive (no Japan release) and came in a set.
the orange TGV was sold by itself in Europe Tomica World Packaging and as you have pictured as a limited release in Japan.

(05-22-2014, 02:39 AM)Super Wrote: Thanks Gerisplarail1

Attached Files
.jpg   tgvset.jpg (Size: 49.16 KB / Downloads: 34)
.jpg   tgv.jpg (Size: 5.54 KB / Downloads: 34)
.jpg   tgvset2.jpg (Size: 43.46 KB / Downloads: 34)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Thanks Gerisplarail1 that is perfect.

I had seen the TGV set listed occasionally mostly just the station but never with the box or any train. And the red box for the orange TGV is great and much better looking than the kinda plain box pictured in the auction. I wonder why Tomy sold in the UK but not in the states as much. Great pictures, Thank you my friend.
[Image: double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1